Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Man ! times have changed

"Today the new generation they are brought up on instant results (internet is quick and instant, credit etc etc)."

agreed on this, and i think that's one very big problem out there... big results never come in an instant

Today i needed a change in scenery so i visited my old gym, totally hardcore (well it used to be) here i am blasting away going all out, there were 3 younger guys training (if you can call it that)I usually take a break between sets no longer than 30 seconds, i noticed two members training legs on the squat rack it was nice seeing those two training hard, after taking turns they took a break after 2 sets of 10 reps then the rest of that time they were occupied playing with their phones....WTF! I finally finished my workout and they were still playing with their smart phone as i walked out the door, why even bother paying membership dues? you can do that crap at home.....no wonder alot of them looked like they never even worked out.

Maybe i'm being too cynical , but! theres a time and place for everything, why even last month i went to the movie, got there right when the show was going to start, 10 minutes a couple showed up and sat right in front of me they hadn't been there two minutes when the girl pulled out her phome started scanning her contact list, I kept telling myself "she will be through in a minute" this went on for a good 10 minutes i missed 10 minutes of the movie due to the glare in my eyes, so i lightly kicked the back of her seat and motioned for her to shut it down, the guy apparently didn't like my interruption and turned around and said a few choice words to me not wanting any trouble i let it slide ,I should have just went to the manager and let him handle it, next time i will.

Does anyone feel like i do about this stuff?

You hit the nail on the head. I always try to be polite and so far I have been able to hold back, but when you are doing supersets and someone gets on the machine (everyone has that right) but sit on the machine playing with their stupid smart phone. I will never take a phone in the gym with me because i am there to train and do not want distractions.
I also asked this guy if i could work in with him and he said NO he doesn't rest between sets ( he was resting when I asked him) then he proceeded to get on the floor in front of the machine to do abs. I could have quickly got in my reps in the amount of time that he was doing abs but he blocked the machine.
I am usually on a tight schedule so i want to get in and out.
It makes me feel better that I am not the only one that feels this way.

So much has changed as we are a different generation. I think more ''normal'' people (by normal i mean people who wanted to get big but never compete on a professional level) existed and were willing to go through the pain to reach their goals. Today the new generation they are brought up on instant results (internet is quick and instant, credit etc etc).

There are also different temptations than we had. So many more gyms these days but they are more leisure centres than hardcore.

Maybe we just looking through old eyes mate

Wrongun!

You got that right my friend, it's a whole nother generation, If someone bumps into you its no longer "excuse me" you get a stare and a look that says I'm on my phone you idiot!
Hey! I'm all for doing a dumbell test on someones phone there ,i say lets start with a 70 pounder. :)

I am honestly surprised you see people working out anymore. I think they go to the gym to socialize.

Top Bottom