Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

MACH3 users.... how often do you need to buy replacement razors?

mdd

New member
:mix: :mad: it seems like i'm going through these things like water! it doesnt take too long to go through one of those refill cartridges


not to mention if you dont keep a sharp on to use it rips your face to hell
 
Yeah, I go through quite a few of these damn blades as well.

They aren't exactly cheap either.

I guess that's the price for a closer shave.
 
What a kick in the balls buying those is. I just bought a 36 pack in Costcos. I'm going to make it last a whole friggin year.
 
yeah, $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, that's whay i bought a norelco advantage shaver.
 
saint808 said:
well i shave my head so it's even worse for me...
yeh, same here............the norelco does 98% as close as mach 3's do, a lot quicker and with less mess and NO nicking!
 
i still use a mach 3 for shaving around my 'stache and goatee to get a crisp well defined line and to shave........down there, but the norelco works well for my scalp, face and upper arms.
 
I use Mach3.
i go through them pretty quick not quicker than other razors.

i only shave my face and actually only my goatee, jawline and tache.

i like em tho. they dont cut as much.

down there im kinda extra afraid to cut. I just use a trimmer to take it down to stubble once in a while when it gets too long. im ok with short, controlled hair growing there....

maybe if i get myself a girl someday :confused: id be more vain about it.
 
velvett said:
But them at a BJ's or Costco kinda place.

It's like $17 for I think 25 razors.

I wish I could find them around my neck of the woods for that price. I pay $7 for 4 of the damn things. I think I'm going to start buying the stolen ones that they sell at the flea market
 
I found out that Edge Gel dulled razors alot faster than regular shaving cream. Don't really have any scientific data to back this up, just personal experience.
 
saint808 said:
well i shave my head so it's even worse for me...

Ditto. It is almost worth it to buy another mach III razor that comes with two blades than to buy a 5 pack. Costco/SAMs/BJs is definitely a must for these.
 
I have recently switched from the "normal" MachIII to the MachIII Turbo. I can tell you that they are worth the extra money. I bought some old regular MachIII's by mistake and they suck compared to the Turbo. That extra lube does the job. The best shaving cream I have found is this Gillette Satin Care stuff I got for my girl- this stuff makes your face smooth as a baby's ass. Only prob is it smells REALLY girly but I wear aftershave anyway to get rid of the chick smell. Try it.

By the way, have you seen the MachIII spoof on SNL? Funny as hell, it is a commercial for the Mach24. Not 21, not 22 not even 23 but 24 blades to leave your skin soft. haha.
 
Are the "turbos" really worth it? A guy I work with has heavy beard growth, and he says they're a rip-off.

I'm lucky my beard is kinda weak and patchy, so I can usually stretch a Mach 3 blade out over a month or so.
 
Holy shit I have used the same blade on my Venus shaver for over 6 months and it is still going strong. I use it to shave arms, legs, etc. all the time. Maybe I should go buy some more refills though.
 
I dry shave with em so I go through about 2 full shaves and toss one. Don't know why the hell I dry shave though. I think it's because I always shape my goat and chops with it first then decide theres only a little bit to shave left so why bother with gel? Wife thinks I'm nuts.
 
Venus shaver SUCKS compared to MachIII. I know it is the same co. but there is no comparison.
 
I like the Venus more and have tried both. Oh well just preference I guess. What can I use to not get that itchy feeling for the first few hours after shaving my legs by the way?
 
I've tried both the Mach3, and Mach3 turbo, and I don't think the turbo is worth the extra money. It does give a superior shave, but not enough to warrent the extra cash (6.50 versus 8 bucks for packs of four in my neck of the woods).

Competitors need to get their act together. Right now Gillete have a friggin monoply on razors. The stuff from shick sucks ass. If they could match the performance of the Gillete razors, we might see a price war that would bring costs down. Right now Gillete can charge whatever they fucking want, and know that suckers like us will pay cause they work so damn well.
 
Put a good lotion on your legs after shaving to stave off the itching. Nivea shimmer is nice. Not only will it cool and calm those folicles while moisturizing but it has a nice shimmer to it that looks great on your legs.
 
I am not particularly fond of disposable razors and the like.

I invested in a nice cut-throat razor. I grow a thick beard, so I must shave every day to keep smooth, and this gem works wonders. And - as an added bonus, you can also cut people with it. It was quite expensive, and you must sharpen it regularly, but I figure it paid for itself once I took into consideration all of the refills a guy has to buy for a Mach III or whatever.
 
anyone else have really coarse facial hair, the type where if your razor is even slightly dull or the hairs aren't lathered enough, the blade pulls the hair out of your face rather than cuts them, and leaves about 10 nicks? I finally bought one of those razors that uses double edge razor blades, because the replacements are about 15 cents each.

Is the mach III good for coarse facial hair?

Check ebay, blade refills go for about $1 each there.
 
the mach III is great for coarse hair. Im half indian so my facial hair is realy coarse and i dull a blade in three shaves. instead of throwing the blade right away it gets demoted to chest and pubic hair duty.:D
 
Top Bottom