Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Low carb vs No carb diet

ronki23

I have been bulking up since November 2013 and since I was depressed/still am suffering from depression, I was eating almost anything to get the protein intake. In the process I got 45lbs heavier in 10 months.

Regarding the workout I did a 3-5 sets of 5 workout (basically Rippetoes but if I missed a day I did 5 sets instead of 3 or if 2 days were next to one another I did upper/lower). June-September I did the Arnold Schwarzenegger beginner split 3x a week instead of 6 days

Still can't bench bodyweight (i'm 212lbs and bench 135x5 or 140x3) and my squat is 215x5 or 225x3. Deadlift 225x4 or 240x1.

I need to cut weight but I may not have time/money to do weights. I intend to do:

M-
T- Judo for 90 mins or Kickboxing for between 1 hour and 90 mins
W-Ju Jitsu for 1 hour
T-
F- Kickboxing for 2 hours

I may just do swimming on Mondays?

I need to lose over 45lbs but don't know if I should go low carb or no carb

For my snack I am thinking nuts on low carb or protein shake on no carb. But if I have nuts it won't have the protein that shakes do.

I've read that even with high protein, zero carb diets cost muscle and increase cholesterol

I would clean up my diet and eat balance
And do enough cardio and some bodyweight workouts
Are you on anti depression medication ?

Sent from my GT-I9295 using EliteFitness

I would clean up my diet and eat balance
And do enough cardio and some bodyweight workouts
Are you on anti depression medication ?

yes- on Zoloft/Lustral. Dosage is 150mg for past 1 week; used to be 100mg

forgot to say June-September 2011/2012 I had a good workout and diet. But because of depression my diet is eating anything and drinking 1-2 shakes a day.

Do I go low carb or ketosis as I want to switch from gym 3x a week ,swimming 1nce a week and ju jitsu on Wednesday to judo on Tue or Fri, kickboxing on Tue or Fri, ju jitsu on Wednesday and swimming on Monday or Thursday

Last edited:
yes- on Zoloft/Lustral. Dosage is 150mg for past 1 week; used to be 100mg

forgot to say June-September 2011/2012 I had a good workout and diet. But because of depression my diet is eating anything and drinking 1-2 shakes a day.

Do I go low carb or ketosis as I want to switch from gym 3x a week ,swimming 1nce a week and ju jitsu on Wednesday to judo on Tue or Fri, kickboxing on Tue or Fri, ju jitsu on Wednesday and swimming on Monday or Thursday

Mmmm I would recommend you do blood work for your thyroid t3 /t4
I used take seroxat paroxetine and it really fucked me up I become more lazy
Fat and don't want to workout so I checked my t3 and it ruined it to a degree my doc told me your gonna be ok so don't overthink and I become more depressed because I gained fat after using it so I turned into another doc and medication
Called lexapro and I dropped weight and become more active and healthy !!

About your routine I don't know what suite you more but you gotta do cardio and clean up your diet get a deficit and the weight will come off !!
Exercise more
Eat less calories
Drink lot's of water
And your good to go

Mmmm I would recommend you do blood work for your thyroid t3 /t4
I used take seroxat paroxetine and it really fucked me up I become more lazy
Fat and don't want to workout so I checked my t3 and it ruined it to a degree my doc told me your gonna be ok so don't overthink and I become more depressed because I gained fat after using it so I turned into another doc and medication
Called lexapro and I dropped weight and become more active and healthy !!

About your routine I don't know what suite you more but you gotta do cardio and clean up your diet get a deficit and the weight will come off !!
Exercise more
Eat less calories
Drink lot's of water
And your good to go

where do I cut the calories and how low should I go with regards to carbs? That's the main issue; i'm concerned if I go no carb it'll cost muscle and I won't like the taste of my meals

If I go low carb i'm not sure where to cut the calories- the snacks or the main meals?

where do I cut the calories and how low should I go with regards to carbs? That's the main issue; i'm concerned if I go no carb it'll cost muscle and I won't like the taste of my meals

If I go low carb i'm not sure where to cut the calories- the snacks or the main meals?

Bro you need carbs low carbs diets are great for immediate fat loss but we want to change our lifestyle here and burn the fat slowly and keep it off get like a 500 calorie deficit along with cardio clean your food do something like smart substitution meals or calorie counting
Ex something unhealthy you eat every day turn it into healthier and low in calories (lean cuts of meat .chicken breast .egg whites .whole wheat bread. rice
Cottage cheese
Grilling your meats will reduce the calories on it
Basically do something you can keep
Low carbs diets wont help if you already have a depression it made me miserable and angry all the time plus I can't keep it long term
Do whatever you feel like you can keep up with it
It's just an advice in my own experience along with common sense !!

Feel free to contact me anytime !!

Top Bottom