Delinquent
Well-known member
So we're selling our house. We received a phone call stating that our water softener was still listed on the title as an unpaid secure loan. I informed the title person that the water softener was included in our bankruptcy that we file a couple years ago. I called the paralegal that prepared are BK papers who explained to me that since she listed the water softener company under unsecured debt, the water softener company's lawyer would then have to file a motion of reaffirmation stating that it was indeed a secure loan. Well, they didn't so it was then included in the BK and appropriately dishcharged.
The lawyer for the title company then called me back stating that you can't list something as unsecured if it's secured. At this point I had no clue since I am pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff. She then asked for the paralegals phone number and proceeds to talk all kinds of shit about paralegals. For instance, they should never do BK issues as they don't even have a law degree. It's too technical for them, all the while laughing in the I'm better than her tone.
She then calls back stammering and stuttering and asks where and how the water softener company is listed. I give her the exact name and reaffirm that it's listed under Schedule F unsecured debt. She then stutters again and says she needs to call her cousin who is a BK attorney and make sure that everything the paralegal said was in fact correct.
SCHWING
So I guess even if the loan is in fact secured, if ti's listed as unsecured and the company does not file for the reaffirmation, they're fucked.
Hell if we would have known it was secured and we'd be liable for it after the BK, we would have been making payments on it.
The lawyer for the title company then called me back stating that you can't list something as unsecured if it's secured. At this point I had no clue since I am pretty ignorant when it comes to this stuff. She then asked for the paralegals phone number and proceeds to talk all kinds of shit about paralegals. For instance, they should never do BK issues as they don't even have a law degree. It's too technical for them, all the while laughing in the I'm better than her tone.
She then calls back stammering and stuttering and asks where and how the water softener company is listed. I give her the exact name and reaffirm that it's listed under Schedule F unsecured debt. She then stutters again and says she needs to call her cousin who is a BK attorney and make sure that everything the paralegal said was in fact correct.
SCHWING
So I guess even if the loan is in fact secured, if ti's listed as unsecured and the company does not file for the reaffirmation, they're fucked.
Hell if we would have known it was secured and we'd be liable for it after the BK, we would have been making payments on it.

Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below 













