Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

lose weight and gain mass?

Niro

I'm 5'11, 195lbs, and I have a belly I'm trying to lose but I want go gain muscle at the same time. I'm going to the gym 4-5 times a week and doing about 20 mins of cardio before I work out...I can't run in the morning and work out later in the day cuz I do actually have to work. Should I be doing something different...and what supplements do you guys recommend? I've been taking prolabs pure whey but I dunno if there's a better one out there?

Thanks

Niro said:
I want go gain muscle at the same time.

I am afraid it is not possible

No, it is possible - a healthier diet and exercise program will allow a re-partitioning resulting in lower fat and more muscle. However, this is difficult to achieve if you have already been training a while.

Well I just started a few weeks ago...so I wanted to make sure I'm on the right track. Cleaned up my diet alot and going to the gym 5 days a week...I just don't want to waste my time doing the wrong things in the gym.

Rémy!   said:
Regarding Calories

Intake > Output = Mass gain.
Intake < Output = Mass loss.

Its that simple.

The formula says it all. It's not possible IMO. You can preserve muscle and cut the fat and it looks like you're getting bigger but you're not, you're just getting more ripped.

Unless you're on AS, naturally I think you're asking for too much.

My experience has been that you can very slowly loose fat while gaining mass, but not quickly loose fat while gaining mass.

Basically, I have been able to add mass and slowly increase my metabolism and thus slowly shed fat. I think that's what I did. We're talking about loosing maybe 1-2lbs of fat a month though.

I have always found it easier to loose fat quicker (1-2lbs/week) and just sacrafice a little mass along with it. then in 6 weeks or so gain back 90% of the muscle and only a little bit of the fat. huh, sounds like a see-saw...

I think an extreme example will prove my point. Take somebody who has not exercised in many years. Do nothing other than start them on an exercise program. They will gain muscle and lose fat.

As a matter of fact, studies have even shown this effect for short periods of time on starvation diets.

Top Bottom