Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

loose skin

plainjane

I tried to use the search feature to see if there was already a post about this topic but just kept getting an error message, so if this has already been answered - sorry!

After having two children and gaining 60+ lbs with each I am left with alot of loose skin on my stomach. Have any of you other ladies experienced this and will it go away with exercise?
thanks
PJ

Doing stregth training and losing most of your bodyfat is going to help...but it will not take all of it off...once you have done all you can do with diet and exercise you may need to look into other options.

Well I know that unless you are blessed with amazing genetics (skin elasticity) you will have some amount of "less supple" skin no matter what. The good news is that if you grow your abdominal muscles (you do this the same way that you grow the rest of 'em hehehheee - training and proper diet) and then cut a bit of fat your skin SHOULD be tight enough where it REALLY won't matter to anyone but you.

Seriously, once you've put on a bit of quality mass and cut a bit of fat (and YES, ONLY PROPER TRAINING AND EXCELLENT NUTRITION IS REQUIRED.) you will only see the looseness when you are bent over.

GENERALLY, the abdominal skin gets REALLY loose when you have three or more kids. No, I haven't conducted a study, but from the hundreds of women that I have seen at the beach and locker room.... this seems to be the case. I even saw one woman who had TWINS - not a freaking stretch mark on her!!! Granted, she was a bit more Ruebinesque in appearance, but her abs were fairly flat (she carried the bulk of her fat in her hips and behind).... her skin was AMAZINGLY supple.... but like I said - GENETICS.

My recommendation to most women in your sitch is to try and gain a bit of quality mass, tighten up your muscles, then cut a bit of fat and if you still not pleased then have a consult with a HIGHLY RECOMMENDED AND COMPETENT COSMETIC SURGEON. A partial of full abdominoplasty may be the only way to remove this excess skin.

Hope this helps. :)

thanks! I have found a 24 hr Fitness center nearby with a good daycare and will be starting up after Thanksgiving. At 108 lbs I hope I dont need to lose too much more fat, but certainly can stand to put on some muscle!

Plainjane - EXCELLENT!.....

But go back and RE-READ my post. Notice how I said - PUT ON QUALITY MASS and THEN CUT A BIT OF FAT....

IT DOESN'T WORK IN REVERSE!

How tall are you? I am 5'3 1/2" and USED to be between 104 and 108# SOAKING WET.... and NO, you couldn't see my abs - BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE ANY ABS TO SPEAK OF!

I realize that you are not interested in becoming a competitive figure, fitness, or bodybuilder and THAT IS COOL. You just want to "tone up", correct?! You STILL NEED TO PUT ON A LITTLE MASS IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE THIS. It will take a little time, but if you EAT WELL and use weight resistance training, it shouldn't take THAT LONG AT ALL.

BUT YOU NEED TO EAT AND TRAIN.

I have the same dilemma and I consulted one of the best plastic/cosmetic surgeons in the southeast. One thing you have to consider if you decide to go the surgical route is the possibility of scarring. Any kind of wound/surgery/cuts below the neck will produce some scarring. What the extent of scarring is will be determined by your body's healing abilities. Some people heal beautifully while the majority will have at the very least a thin "smiley". The cut is usually made from hip to hip in a "U".

I decided against the surgery mainly because I like to wear very skimpy swimsuits and those will not cover scars. As BikiniMom stated, the looseness only really shows when I am bent over. However, most of it has disappeared with training, DIET and some help from topical fatburners.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Renee

takniteasy said:

I decided against the surgery mainly because I like to wear very skimpy swimsuits and those will not cover scars.

taknieasy - your words are sound! Surgery should ALWAYS be THE LAST RESORT....

I have had an abdominoplasty and yes I do have the u-shaped scar. There was NO ALTERNATIVE - I had 12" of loose skin removed, no lipo as I was about 104# with VERY LITTLE bodyfat. I find that the TEENY-WEENIEST dental floss bikinis hide the scar quite nicely..... :D

And if it should peak out - yea, so? Consider the alternative - LOL!

Most assume that it is a C-section scar (I do correct them if they ask) because of the stretchmarks on my abdomen. When I have a decent tan BOTH are BARELY NOTICEABLE.

egads! stretchmarks....that's a whole 'nother story...:)

Thanks again for all the advice/info. I am so psyched to get started!!

Top Bottom