Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Looking to help out the GF

cloak33

Hi ladies.

I'm trying to design a training program for my GF to follow. I think we've got the diet part down pretty good, but it's the training that I need some help with.

She actually went to sign up with a personal trainer at her gym and it was going to cost around $1700 for 36 sessions. I just about fell over. That's WAY too much for us right now.

Anyway, we're heading south at the end of April so she's looking for a little kick-start. After that she'd like to fall into something more routine. Right now she works out a few times a week, but isn't seeing the results she'd like.

My question to you guys...have you come across any routines whether is be from a book, website, etc. that you've tried and had success with? Her current stats are: 5' 7", 128lbs, not sure on the body fat, I'd guess somewhere in the low 20s???

Thanks all.

She can train exactly the same way you do.

I think that it is a good idea for couples to train together.

Has she done any weight training before?

She has trained with weights before, however I believe it was very light, fluffy type of weight lifting.

I'm doing a mass building program right now that concentrates on compound movements. It looks like this. The supersets are performed immediately after each main compound exercise.

Training:
--------------
Day 1: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps (2 warm-up sets, 4 heavy sets, weight increases with each set)

Bench press
Dumbbell flys (superset to failure)
Shoulder Press
Lateral Raises (superset to failure)
Bar dips
Tricep extensions (superset to failure)
Abs

Day 2: Legs

Squats
Leg extensions (superset to failure)
Straigt-leg deadlift
Hamstring extensions (superset to failure)
Calves raises
Abs

Day 3: Biceps, Back

Wide-grip pull-ups
Bent-over rows
Close grip pull-downs using lateral bar (superset to failure)
Bicep curls
Reverse easy-bar curls (superset to failure)
Abs

Is this a program she could use?

Thanks

Ummm why couldn't she? It's not like she has the test you do so her "turning into a man" should hardly be a worry.

Tell her to log on and post her diet and the ladies here will guide her. :)

cloak33 said:
Hi ladies.

I'm trying to design a training program for my GF to follow. I think we've got the diet part down pretty good, but it's the training that I need some help with.

She actually went to sign up with a personal trainer at her gym and it was going to cost around $1700 for 36 sessions. I just about fell over. That's WAY too much for us right now.

Anyway, we're heading south at the end of April so she's looking for a little kick-start. After that she'd like to fall into something more routine. Right now she works out a few times a week, but isn't seeing the results she'd like.

My question to you guys...have you come across any routines whether is be from a book, website, etc. that you've tried and had success with? Her current stats are: 5' 7", 128lbs, not sure on the body fat, I'd guess somewhere in the low 20s???

Thanks all.

Working out with my husband has done wonders for our relationship. Just remember, she may not have the same drive or goals that you do. Don't force her to go heavier than she is comfortable with and don't force her to workout as long as you want to. Women can burn out quicker than men if pushed too hard. Also, women are moody (ask my husband) and they don't always feel like doing heavy weights or weights at all. Don't turn this into an issue with her. If you make it enjoyable for her she will want to workout with you at your pace.

I speak from experience. My husband really turned me off to weights when we first started lifting together. After about a year I turned into Ms. Cardio and pink dumbbell lady. We tried it again after our 3rd baby 3 years ago and he was more laid back. I now love weights and want to lift heavier just about every time I go to the gym. But I still have days where I would rather do bodypump classes or spin classes and he smiles and says okay. That has made all the difference in the world.

Rebecca D

cloak33 said:
She has trained with weights before, however I believe it was very light, fluffy type of weight lifting.

I'm doing a mass building program right now that concentrates on compound movements. It looks like this. The supersets are performed immediately after each main compound exercise.

Training:
--------------
Day 1: Chest, Shoulders, Triceps (2 warm-up sets, 4 heavy sets, weight increases with each set)

Bench press
Dumbbell flys (superset to failure)
Shoulder Press
Lateral Raises (superset to failure)
Bar dips
Tricep extensions (superset to failure)
Abs

Day 2: Legs

Squats
Leg extensions (superset to failure)
Straigt-leg deadlift
Hamstring extensions (superset to failure)
Calves raises
Abs

Day 3: Biceps, Back

Wide-grip pull-ups
Bent-over rows
Close grip pull-downs using lateral bar (superset to failure)
Bicep curls
Reverse easy-bar curls (superset to failure)
Abs

Is this a program she could use?

Thanks

The split is good. Number of exercises looks good.

Would you elaborate on the supersets?

I work out w/ my man & he is by far the best workout partner I have ever had.
Though I can relate to rebecca_d, sometimes he can push a little hard, but for my goals, that is percisly what I need.
Plus in a world where we tend to spend so much time apart with work & what not, it can impliment the quality time all sucessful relationships need :)

Top Bottom