Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Looking for some advice for fatigue and 5 day split

TheCube

Hey EliteFitness people,

I've just joined because I need your advice.

I have been out of the gym since October last year and I need some advice on starting back. I have noticed that the weight I am can lift now is nowhere near the weight I could lift back in October. For example back in October I could bench 36-38 KG dumbbells unassisted, now I am down to 26 assisted. Is this normal to have gone backwards so much?

One of my biggest problems is that I suffer from fatigue, not just in the gym but in general. This unfortunately affects my in the gym more than anywhere else. When I start training I am tired after 30-40 minutes. Most people would say that 40 minutes is all I need to get my workout done, but I'm afraid its not. In this 40 minute period I am able to do at most three exercises based on 3 sets of 8 reps.

Because I crash so easily, I like to stick to short and sweet gym sessions. Therefore I am looking for some advice on a 5 day split which I can easily do in 40 minutes. I have two goals. Firstly to loose some body fat and return to around 10%, or at least 12% before June this year. Secondly, I would like to add muscle mass (who doesn't).

I am 26, 6'2, and 178 lbs (17% body fat).

Thanks in advance.

I wasn't expecting that response but I'll book myself in for this week and see what happens.

Any recommendations over the 5 day split?

Good idea man never know just doesn't sound right be that tired all the time like that.
I don't really wanna go into full detail but lots of common 5 day splits can find just take one of those and for now tone down number excercises and maybe sets too try stick with a couple compound lifts for each day then a few isolation to finish it off. Good diet and doing least 20 min cardio 3 days a week should see results.

Tired issue could be medical or could be youre just out of shape from the break. Hows the diet? I know when I eat crap I get tired alot through the day...some foods just make me sluggish.

Check out the SL 5*5. Its lifting three days a week. Good program to get back into shape from a break. The other two days you can do cardio or HIIT and see if you can boost your endurance some.

If you want five days of lifting there are many option on splits.
All depends on if you want to work body parts twice a week or once. Do you want breaks on weekends or during week, etc. There are several websites that have splits you can try and google.

From My Droid MoFo!

I don't really have a training plan anymore because since my breaks it all gone down the shitter. I am open to suggestions as to how to pack on serious mass. However, like I said my only problem is I can only train for around 30-40 minutes before crashing, in this time I might get 3 sets or machines done.

Not really sure how to help, not an expert or any medical exp. I believe the fatigue is limiting you. Depression, sleep dissorder, stress, diet, low T....something? That would be my first goal. Best bet is to see a Doc.

After then you can get back at it and make some progress.

Until then just do like normal 5 day split. One body part a day since youre limited on time. And take it easy until you see a doc.

From My Droid MoFo!

post up your diet bro...you could be lacking something in that department and also get yourB12 levels checked.
low b12 can cause chronic fatique.

A lot of good pointers here. I think before you embark on a serious lifting program you should definitely get checked out first. It could be lack of iron (anemia), low B12 (as posted), depression, lack of sleep, diet etc.

I guess the point is, get checked first so you don't start a program and become disheartened because you don't see gains. Once you're checked out decide what you really want to do. You want to lose significant body fat but then you said you want to pack on serious mass at the same time.

Good luck at the Doc!

Top Bottom