Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Long Term Supplement Usage

I've been into the whey protein scene for about 2 years now...but taking it almost every day for a long period of time makes my folks start worrying about kidney failure and all that shit. Should I do it in cycles...should i switch up brands or dosages...or should i continue to take 1 scoop after every workout?

No need to cycle it. Protein does not pose harm to healthy kidneys. If you have pre-existing kidney problems or are a diabetic, then there may be need to worry.

I am so sick of people telling me about eating too much protein and how it may affect my kidneys. Bro, just keep taking the protein. People who don't give a shit about their health, or more importantly don't lift weights, just do not understand that protein is the essential building block of all muscle development. As far as I am concerned, all of those people who are anti-protein can rot in their hellish world of high sugar and saturated fat intake.

You should be fine if you keep on doing what you're doing. Also, it's always smart to make sure you're getting plenty of water.

I second what quickgrow stated, drink plenty of water
otherwise yes powders do overwork your kidneys if your
water intake is insufficient.

With plenty of pure water injested throughout the day longterm usage of protein powders pose no problems.

goodluck!

Top Bottom