Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

LOL @ People Calling Koreans "Gooks"

In the language of Korea the country is called Han-geuk. This ancient name comes from the fabled Choson dynasty period, and translates roughly to "land of the morning calm". The people of Korea are called the "Hangeuksaram". Koreans, as they were exposed and came into contact with varying cultures from varying lands gave those lands different names. China for example is Cho-geuk. Thiland is Te-geuk. Any foreign person in general is usually refered to as a Way-geuk. And by some magically syllabic twist of fate America was dubbed Me-geuk (the word acutally means "Beautiful

Basically in Korean, everyone is a gook
 
foreigngirl said:
hey, tell me, is there any fisical difference between, lets say, japanese, korean and chinese? Cause honestly they all look the same to me.

For example, I can tell by the face bone-structure if someone is from the Balkan. I can alse tell if someone is albanian only lookingh at the face.
on the average, koreans are the tallest with slender facial features and larger profiles (they actually have a nose).

japanese are moon faces (circular)

chinese people are the skinniest, frailest looking on the average.
 
BrothaBill said:
In the language of Korea the country is called Han-geuk. This ancient name comes from the fabled Choson dynasty period, and translates roughly to "land of the morning calm". The people of Korea are called the "Hangeuksaram". Koreans, as they were exposed and came into contact with varying cultures from varying lands gave those lands different names. China for example is Cho-geuk. Thiland is Te-geuk. Any foreign person in general is usually refered to as a Way-geuk. And by some magically syllabic twist of fate America was dubbed Me-geuk (the word acutally means "Beautiful

Basically in Korean, everyone is a gook

you know way to much for a white boy. :)
 
Kakdiesel said:
on the average, koreans are the tallest with slender facial features and larger profiles (they actually have a nose).

japanese are moon faces (circular)

chinese people are the skinniest, frailest looking on the average.
thanks :)
 
Kakdiesel said:
and vietnamese people always look darker than the rest of us. and are usually the shortest.
lol..you wont believe this but I was thinking should I say that vietnamese people are frail but darker, but opted for only thanks...OMG :lmao:
 
What's wrong with calling Korean people "Cooks"? I like Korean food.
 
gjohnson5 said:
I have a hard time believing megook means American in Korean. That was probably a slang word for something that they just labeld Americans with
Why would you have a hard time believing it. If you don't speak their language, nothing shold be unbelieveable.
 
Kakdiesel said:
on the average, koreans are the tallest with slender facial features and larger profiles (they actually have a nose).

japanese are moon faces (circular)

.

actually all japanese that I know - and I used to live there, call Koreans moon faces.

So it looks like they are calling each other same thing.
 
HumanTarget said:
people under 30 should wear muzzles.

:lmao:

aren't you a 23 year old Michiganian?



BTW I can distinguish the body features and the language differences between the Chinese, Japs, Vietnamese, Koreans and Philos. :)
 
Kakdiesel said:
you know way to much for a white boy. :)

han-gooking-ashi!
Actually, me-gookin-ashi is "fucking American!" but usually its way-gookin-ashi meaning "fucking foreigner"
As me-geuk means American (beautiful country), yu-geuk means European but every foreigner is way-gook generally. I think the UN European troops in korea was a bit baffled when yu-gook was asked of them.
The term gook in America for our slant eyed brethern in general originated in our culture post ww2 as soldiers mingled with the korean populace with the split up of the Choson Peninsula into red for the north and the south given to America. Japan got to stay intact.
So basically Kak was right on that it came from the Korean war, a war which is technically still a war.
 
foreigngirl said:
hey, tell me, is there any fisical difference between, lets say, japanese, korean and chinese? Cause honestly they all look the same to me.

For example, I can tell by the face bone-structure if someone is from the Balkan. I can alse tell if someone is albanian only lookingh at the face.


Yeah,and I can tell a terrosit by the rag on their head & the humps on their camels........NO DAMIT THEY ALL LOOK ALIKE!!
 
swolenole said:
Yeah,and I can tell a terrosit by the rag on their head & the humps on their camels........NO DAMIT THEY ALL LOOK ALIKE!!
well, Kak explained the difference between them. He sent me pix so I can get a visual example. So, yeah, there is some differences
 
Kakdiesel said:
I've posted this up in the past on chat board once, but since it appears that we have a new generation of members let me enlighten you.

When you call a korean or asian a "gook" you really are making yourself look stupid. The term "Gook" came from the Korean War (not vietnam) in 1950.

How? Well South Korea was a very impoverished nation. No highways, or what you would call "streets". Just paths and dirt roads from village to village. no real cities (sans Seoul). Very poor. And during the Korean War (North Korea vs South Korea), it was even worse.

So when the United States decided to help the cause, troops were sent over to South Korea. During their tour of duty, they would walk from village to village on missions and as they would travel, the very young korean kids (who had never seen white people before) would marvel at the soldiers.

The soldiers, being very kind hearted with the children would play with them and also give them treats (candies/snacks/etc) that they just had lying around. Because they were so poor, to the children, they thought it was the greatest thing to happen to them in their life. They loved it when the soldiers would march through town.

Anyways, after this had been going on, the children fell in love with the American soldiers and the soldiers were so nice to the kids.

The Korean word for AMERICAN is "Me-gook" So everytime the kids would see them, they would shout, "ME GOOK! ME GOOK" The soldiers thought they were saying me (as in I am) GOOK. So they called them gooks.

SO when you call any asian person a gook, you are really calling them american in a sense.

Class dismissed.


They should have brought some Gooks in to build a railroad. I bet the Mics would be happy to help.
 
gjohnson5 said:
I have a hard time believing megook means American in Korean. That was probably a slang word for something that they just labeld Americans with
You also have a hard time believing that youre a retard, so this doesnt surprise anybody.
 
Top Bottom