Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

lol! Big Company 1 : Seal Hippies 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razorguns

Hippies protest seal hunt. Big chain removes product. LOCALS PROTEST!! Store puts back product.

Angry old seniors > liberal hippies

lol.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/04/05/costco-seal-oil060405.html

Consumers force Costco to bring back seal oil capsules

Costco announced Wednesday it will restock seal oil capsules at its store in St. John's after protests that it had caved to animal rights activists by removing them.

INDEPTH: Seal hunt FAQs

The big-box retailer removed the capsules – which are rich in heart-protecting omega-3 fatty acids – from its shelves at its location in the capital of Newfoundland and Labrador in early March, setting off a local furor.

Louise Wendling, Costco's senior vice-president, said the company changed its mind because of consumer pressure.

"Our earlier decision to remove the product was misinterpreted," she said in a statement.

Costco doesn't back anti-sealers

The Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, headed by veteran anti-sealing activist Paul Watson, claimed the decision to remove the capsules was made in response to its lobbying efforts.

But Wendling said Costco "does not and has never supported" the group.

"Let me be clear on this point – the only lobby Costco pays attention to is the consumer lobby. When there is sufficient demand for a product, we listen."

FROM MARCH 31, 2006: Williams takes aim at Costco over seal-oil fuss

At the height of the controversy, Premier Danny Williams suggested that supporters of the seal hunt think carefully about whether they wanted to continue shopping at Costco.

Some Costco members organized a boycott or resigned their membership in the retailer.

Open-line radio programs have been filled with calls about the issue for a week.

Omega-3 fatty acids have been linked with reduced danger from heart disease and other ailments.

The Barry Group of Companies, which produces the capsules, refines 900 tonnes of seal oil each year, mostly for markets in Asia.

All those people are still gonna die.

Razorguns said:
Hippies protest seal hunt. Big chain removes product. LOCALS PROTEST!! Store puts back product.

Angry old seniors > liberal hippies

lol.

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/04/05/costco-seal-oil060405.html

Consumers force Costco to bring back seal oil capsules

Costco announced Wednesday it will restock seal oil capsules at its store in St. John's after protests that it had caved to animal rights activists by removing them.

INDEPTH: Seal hunt FAQs

The big-box retailer removed the capsules – which are rich in heart-protecting omega-3 fatty acids – from its shelves at its location in the capital of Newfoundland and Labrador in early March, setting off a local furor.

Louise Wendling, Costco's senior vice-president, said the company changed its mind because of consumer pressure.

"Our earlier decision to remove the product was misinterpreted," she said in a statement.

Costco doesn't back anti-sealers

The Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, headed by veteran anti-sealing activist Paul Watson, claimed the decision to remove the capsules was made in response to its lobbying efforts.

But Wendling said Costco "does not and has never supported" the group.

"Let me be clear on this point – the only lobby Costco pays attention to is the consumer lobby. When there is sufficient demand for a product, we listen."

FROM MARCH 31, 2006: Williams takes aim at Costco over seal-oil fuss

At the height of the controversy, Premier Danny Williams suggested that supporters of the seal hunt think carefully about whether they wanted to continue shopping at Costco.

Some Costco members organized a boycott or resigned their membership in the retailer.

Open-line radio programs have been filled with calls about the issue for a week.

Omega-3 fatty acids have been linked with reduced danger from heart disease and other ailments.

The Barry Group of Companies, which produces the capsules, refines 900 tonnes of seal oil each year, mostly for markets in Asia.

OMG you are the BIGGEST IDIOT.

You don't know shit so I wont even go into it with you...Trust me you dont want me to go into this with you.

This board is sinking lower and lower every freaking day.

starfish said:

You don't know shit so I wont even go into it with you...Trust me you dont want me to go into this with you.

Lmao.

starfish said:

are you a vegan?

starfish said:

If you allow yourself to get angry everytime someone's morals, views, opinions or passions differ than your own, you're going to die of a heart attack.

BrothaBill said:
are you a vegan?

I was going to ask her the same thing.

I figured she would either say yes, or no but that the meat she does eat is from animals that were humanely killed for mass production.

This argument would then get into morals, human dominance over animals, etc.

BrothaBill said:
are you a vegan?

No...it has nothing to do with being a vegan...The tools around this place cant handle ANYTHING without going totally preschool... so I dont post about what I do/believe in detail.

Fucking immaturity around here is just gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom