Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

LiftinG!!!

mazevedo_013

Hey All,

So i was scammin through the forums just reading everyones thoughts and ideas about lifting and diet and i was thinking about different ways that i could change up my own routine. Long story short i thought i would ask everyone what your regular lifting routines are and how you go about lifting from a weekly point of veiw. I would really appreciate as much feedback as possible as i would like to try and mix up my own work out to try some things that have worked for others

Personally i have been training one muscle group one day a week for example:
Mon (Chest)[incline db press, incline barbell press, superset cable flys up, down, mid, db flys, dips]
Tuesday (back)[wide grip pullups, lat pulldowns, barbell row, db row, lat pushdowns, various back machines]
Wednesday (legs)[squats, lunges, deadlifts, various leg machines]
Thursday (shoulders)[db should press, barbell behind the head should press, arnold presses, lateral raises, side raises]
Friday (arms)[curls, curls, cur;s, tris, tris, tris, forearm...]

getting about 5-6 different lifts consisting of 4 sets about 8-12 reps

I also run to and from my gym to get a good cardio in its about 4 miles round trip

What is your routine post below! ;)

cutting out the running before the weights is probably a good thing to change. what aree your goals with the weight training.

Not to be rude, but if you have read though it all, why are you asking us to repost here?

Actually i haven't read through it all so sorry if i made a newb mistake, with so much good info on the site it is hard to sort through it as a new member. Not to be rude myself but having belonged to forum for a week or so now i have been trying to get accustomed to everything and get along trying to meet some people. The only member that has actually taken the opportunity to help out is hesnobradpitt other than that it almost feels like all the elder members just make u an outcast kicking your threads aside until u just stop coming back. I myself who is in fairly good shape, is just trying to get into better shape and seeing the quality of this forum i would really like to become part of this community. The only question is how? I know posting in the threads is a big deal and try as i might i seem to only get pushed aside when i do...
clip_image001.gif

cutting out the running before the weights is probably a good thing to change. what aree your goals with the weight training.

Thanks for the info, anyway you could explain more as to why running before hand is bad, i have herd it both ways and am just a little confused, as someone else told me that a run before hand is your stretch (warn up).

Right now i am 21 years old getting through college, and my physical goals are to gain a little more muscle but keep hard and cut up. As of now i am about 5'9 175lbs. 13% bf. I am also about to start on some aas u can find that post here: http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/anabolic-steroids/question-about-cycle-684413.html
Overall just looking for some new workouts for different muscle groups as well as some new routines maybe.

Thanks for all your time!

cardio before training uses up energy. your w/o should be entence enough to drain your energy. also that is to much on the leg muscles for their development.

have you tried and 3 or 4 day splits? if so do you prefer 5 day to the 3 or 4 day?

im sorry you are fealing like you are getting pushed aside. feal free to ask me any question you would like or email me links to you threads. i could at least bump them for you.

cardio before training uses up energy. your w/o should be entence enough to drain your energy. also that is to much on the leg muscles for their development.
Thanks for the quick response and that makes a lot of sense. Do u think using a pre-workout would help me conserve some energy a bit? reason i ask is that i am in school right now, the gym is about 2 miles from my place and with student parking fees i try to drive as little as possible so i figured the 2 mile run there and back would satisfy a good chunk of daily cardio.

have you tried and 3 or 4 day splits? if so do you prefer 5 day to the 3 or 4 day?
Can't say that i have. Could u explain a bit more or point me in the direction of a thread that would? I started training with a buddy, we worked out one muscle group each day of the week like i have posted above. After seeing and feeling a bunch of great results with my body i took it upon my self to continue, when he feel off the wheel. i just love being in the gym and want to continue seeing results.

I know i've herd u are not supposed to keep the same routine for too long so i have changed it up a couple times, trying different lifts and changing which days of the week i train each muscle group. Anyways i am definitely open to some new ideas i've been reading around the forums for ideas.

im sorry you are fealing like you are getting pushed aside. feal free to ask me any question you would like or email me links to you threads. i could at least bump them for you.
Thanks a lot man i really appreciate it, and i definitely will take u up on the offer!

So should I do cardio on my off weightlifting days? I'm doing a 5x5 3 days a week so should I do cardio on the days I'm not lifting? I usually do cardio before my workout.

glad to hear you joined. there is a lot of good info here. i would suggest you learn an entirely different way of training at the least just to see where it goes. im guessing you will like the results. heres a program i made a few months ago that im still on. any 3 days yoy want just no 2 days in a row. as far as the running goes i dont see lower body growing unless you cut it.

day 1
flat db press 3 sets
stand bb press 3 sets
dips 3sets
rev grip press 3 sets

day 2 off with 30 mins cardio

day 3
deads 3 sets
bent rows 3 sets
tbar 3 sets
shrugs 4 sets
chins 2 sets

day 4 off

day 5
squats 3 sets
leg curl 4 sets
leg ext 2 sets
stand calf 3 sets

day 6 off with 30mins cardio

day 7 off

do all sets to failure with good form. for help with proper form google search mark rippetoe.

weak 1 shoot for 6 reps
weak 2 shoot for 8 reps
weak 3 shoot for 12 reps
weak 4 shoot for 2 reps

then start over

pick your weight after you warm up that you think will get you to your targer rep range then go until failure regardless of how many reps you get. record your reps and weights used.

follow this process for every set of every exercise.

you really have to be focused and ready to work hard when you get to the gym.

So should I do cardio on my off weightlifting days? I'm doing a 5x5 3 days a week so should I do cardio on the days I'm not lifting? I usually do cardio before my workout.

if you are weight lifting for size than do cardio any 2 or 3 days you want either post w/o or fasted as soon as you get up for fat loss. or do cardio about an hour after a good meal if its only for cardiovascular health.

Top Bottom