Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lifting barefoot

That's just as bad as working out shirtless... have some respect for others at the gym lol

I bought fila "toe sandals" I call them. Comfortable as effin pillows on your feet. Probably similar to the 5 finger things you are talking about. Perfect gym shoes.

I deadlift and squat with just socks on. I keep my shoes off to the side and slip them on when I am changing weights so that I have some sort of protection if I drop a weight.

I'm not sure I fully understand the concern about hygiene. We use dumbbells, barbells, plates, machines that are rarely if ever washed which comes into contact with our shirts, shorts, legs, arms, etc. I don't know about you, but socks are the first thing that come off and go into the hamper when I get home from the gym...

Well, the reason feet have specific hygeine issues is that their high impact location makes them prone to small skin/nail injury and a collection of particularly nasty infections. In addition, regular shoe-wearing creates a steam bath for these things to grow. On top of all that, because the skin there is thick it is difficult to treat. Nail fungus on the toes is particularly difficult to eradicate.

It's a little different than not wearing gloves, although your point is well taken and really none of your exposed (or unexposed -- how much protection do you think you're getting from your t-shirt?) skin is safe from other people's crud.

Top Bottom