Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Liberator, please post your training split

blood_drinker

Big andy refered you to me. He said you were gaining quite nicely. Would you mind posting the routine (in detail, including exercises plus sets and reps , and of course, rest).

thanks man

HEY BLOOD, BASICALLY HERES THE ROUTINE I USE, I DUG THIS OUT OF THE ARCHIVES, BIGANDY POSTED IT A WHILE AGO. IVE EXPERIMENTED WITH THE PRE-EXHAUST METHODS. YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY THE SAME (SUPERSET OR PLANE OLD 2SETS IN ONE GO THEN IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWED BY BENCH/SQUAT WITH/WITHOUT REST BETWEEN, ITS UP TO YOU, I FIND NO REST WORKS BEST WITH SUPERSET, BUT SOMETIMES I CHANGE IT).

REST IS UP TO YOU, I TRY AND MIX IT UP BUT GENERALLY GO FOR 2MINS ON CHEST, 1.3MINS FOR EVERYTHING ELSE INCL SQUAT. WHEN I DO PRE-EXHAUST, IF I AM SUPERSETTING A SET OF FLYES WITH BARBELL, I'LL TRY AND GO FOR ZERO REST BETWEEN THE SET OF FLYES AND BAR, THEN REST FOR 2MINS AFTER THE BAR SET.

I SHOOT FOR 2GALLON OF WATER A DAY.

ANYWAY, BIGANDY'S POST:

This is something I sent to beginners that email me general questions and ask me to build an entire routine for them.

It's very general, and doesn't include much on nutrition.

If you are a beginner, don't waste people's time, and take a minute to read this.

Beginner's Workout

Mon: chest, tris
Tues: legs
Wed: rest
thur: back, bis
fri: delts, abs
sat: rest
sun: rest

Basically it's the old 2 days on/ 1 day off, 2days on/ 2 days off

Chest: Pre-exhaust(I hope you remember what this is) 2 sets of db flat flyes(20-25 reps)

1-Bench press: 6 sets; 1 warm-up(20), 2 feel set(15-12), 3 work sets(10,8,8)

2-Incline db flyes: 4 sets; 1 feel (15), 3 work (12)

3-Chest Dips: 3 sets; If you can do more then 12 add some weights.

Tris:

4-Lying tricep extensions(skullcrushers): 6 sets; 1 warm-up(20), 2 feel set(15-12), 3 work sets(10,8,8)

5-Rope presses: 4 sets; 1 feel set(15); 3 work(12-10)

Legs: Pre-exhaust, 2-3 sets of leg extensions(20-25)

Quads

1-Squats: 7 sets; 1 warm-up(20), 3 feel set(15-12), 3 work sets(12,10,8)

2-Leg extensions: 4 sets; 1 feel set(15); 3 work(12-10)

Hams

3-Stiff-leg deadlifts: 6 sets; 1 warm-up(20), 2 feel set(15-12), 3 work sets(12,10,8)

4-lying leg curls: 4 sets; 1 feel set(15); 3 work(12-10)

Calves

5-Calf raises: 6 sets; 1 warm-up(25), 2 feel set(20-15), 3 work sets(12)

Back: Pre-ex. 2 sets of lat pulldowns(25-20)

1-Wide grip chin-ups( basically your hands place like on a lat machine ) 4 sets; If you can do more then 12 add some weights

2-Barbell rows: 5 sets: 1 feel(15), 4 work sets(12,10,8,8)

3-Seated Cable rows: 4 sets: 1 feel(15), 3 work (12-10)

Biceps

4-Barbell curls: 6 sets; 1 warm-up(15), 1 feel(12): 2 sets close grip(10,8) alternate with 2 sets wide grip(10,8), follow the rep scheme, higher reps first.

Forearms

5-Barbell wrist curls: 3 sets of 15-12 reps

Delts

1-dumbbell shoulder press(do barbell if you can): 7 sets; 2 warm-up(20), 2 feel set(15-12), 3 work sets(10,8,8)

2-Lateral raises: 4 sets: 1 feel(15), 3 work (12,12,10)

3-Upright rows: 4sets(12,10,12,12) 2 wide for shoulders, and 2 close for traps.

4-Shrugs: 5 sets: 1 feel(12), 4 work sets(10,8,8,8)

Abs

5-leg raise: 3 sets; If you can do more then 15 add some weights

6(optional if you don't do it, add a set for leg raises) cruches: 3 sets (20-15)

Warm-up is a light set, feel is a set 1-2reps close to failure, and work is a set to failure.

Oh and you really need to learn how to perform these exercises properly, or you might as well stay home. If you don't you might even get injured.

Remember don't rest that long (1-1.5 min , and sometimes 2 min).

You should also get at least 8:30 hours of sleep. And learn how to control the negative portion of the rep(the way down), it is half the rep, remember that.

I guess that's it.

Andrew

Oh, here's the rest:

I'll give you some basics: I use a 4-5 month bulking cycle, more than that and you'll burnout, trust me I know from experience. The first thing you need to understand is that what works for some people will not work for everyone. However, there are only a few ways to do things right. You need to experiment and find out what works best for you. The trick to gaining muscle is quite simple, your workouts should not exceed 60 mins. It is better to train 45 min,4 times a week then 1h30min, 3 times a week. But here's the catch, you shouldn't rest that long between sets, 1-2 mins. You might think that you don't rest that much between sets, but you really need to time it, you'll be suprised.

These are things that people never do or take for granted that would make or break a physique.

Warm-up: do 7-10 min low intensity before each workout, just enough to break a light sweat.

Strech: The entire body before working out, and the muscle trained in between sets.

Mind-Muscle connection: lifting your couch will not produce any muscle. Why? because you are not thinking of using those muscles. When you wanna lift your arm, it goes to your brain and then you lift your arm. You have to do the same thing when train, you need to tell your brain that you want to use a specific muscle.

Drink Water: you need to drink at least 1 gallon a day, and especially before and after working out.

Pre-exhaust: For larger muscles( Chest, Back, Legs), you need to pre-exhaust. It means that you would do a couple of sets(20-25 reps) before your workout making sure you don't go to failure. Let's take bench pressing for example. The bench works the chest, shoulders, and tris. The problem is that your shoulders and tris will fail before your chest, and you will end up not working your chest to failure. Examples: for chest: 2 sets of flat flyes, for back: 2sets of pulldowns, for legs 2-3 sets of leg extensions.

Post workout meal: Right after working out: 60-80g of simple carbs, 30-40g of fast absorbing protein(whey). 30-60 min later a full high protein, high carb meal

Last edited:
;....unfortunately I don't like training that way.
Thanks though man. I mean I like the split but I don't like the "feel sets" and then only one intense set.

I like doing one warmup , then go to FAILURE and gradually pyramid. Not just count the reps. It's failure (and reps, obviously).
I hope that made sense?

Does this work ? Anyone? ValdeZ?

Hey whatever works for you man

I am going to drop barbell, I have tried every possible method with it, (yes I got a spotter finally) dropped weight gone for absolutely 1000% strict form, slow reps, ultra heavy weight, shoulders back etc etc and all I ever get is soreness for about a day in my chest and shoulder soreness for about 3 days. I get an awesome pump in my chest on the day I work it, I even feel it in my back, but my shoulders are always more sore afterwards, it seems they get a better workout than my chest so I am going to try dumbells for a month and see how it goes. It cannot hurt to can it.

Yes I prefer barbell, but if its only giving me an intense shoulder workout, whats the point.

Top Bottom