Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Lets Try This Again..Keto on a Cal Surplus!?

Hola Brethren,

I have attampted to pose this question in the past an its time to try again with some more diet orientated Bro's around now... No one seems to have tried this/ have a scientific answer...

Simply put - a Keto Diet (CKD) with a calorie surplus.

In my mind, the calorie surplus and high protein should allow anabolism, whilst the lack of glycogen should still force the body to burn fat stores for energy?

Ultimately fat loss and muscle growth?

I know ultimately you cant generaly get both together in excessive amounts, but can anyone comment on the ideas above?

Potentially you could expect high fat loss and moderate LBM gains?

Im on cycle by the way...

I'm intrigued by this. The calorie surplus would no doubt have to come from a high fat diet.

If you are eating more calories than you need, you will gain weight. But the question is, will you also burn fat?

I wouldn't think so, or atleast not as fast. Because your body will store fat just as much. The insulin coming from carbs won't be there, but the energy from the fat still has to be stored in the body.

I'm intrigued by this. The calorie surplus would no doubt have to come from a high fat diet.

If you are eating more calories than you need, you will gain weight. But the question is, will you also burn fat?

I wouldn't think so, or atleast not as fast. Because your body will store fat just as much. The insulin coming from carbs won't be there, but the energy from the fat still has to be stored in the body.

Fat loss boils down to calories in vs. calories out regardless of macro breakdown. I know some might disagree.

I tried this "high calorie" keto diet a while back and it did not work like you would think. At first I had great energy levels, my strength went up, and I appeared to get leaner (water loss). After 4-6 weeks everything stalled. I got weaker, my energy levels plummeted and started getting fat. Even with weekly carb ups this did not work.

a calorie surplus is a calorie surplus, just like sl said. you cant burn fat in a caloric surplus, regardless of macros. you effectively bulk while limiting fat gain.

I need carbs. I tried cutting on the keto diet and I think it was catabolic. I've been cutting with carbs and it has worked out a lot better for me....but everybody is different.

I didn't like the feeling of a keto diet. I don't think it will be that efficient.

I need carbs. I tried cutting on the keto diet and I think it was catabolic. I've been cutting with carbs and it has worked out a lot better for me....but everybody is different.

I didn't like the feeling of a keto diet. I don't think it will be that efficient.

You don't want to take carbs too low each day. Guys that do like 50 carbs or less a day for 3 days in a row is crazy. I would die doing that.

Actually, in a small amount of cases it is proven people can build muscle and lose fats to a significant degree. This is only with beginners or people who have had a long lay of. The reason is not known.

Yeah, cals in - cals out is generally the way I would look at it, I just wondered on the science behind a keto on a surplus.

Hola Brethren,

I have attampted to pose this question in the past an its time to try again with some more diet orientated Bro's around now... No one seems to have tried this/ have a scientific answer...

Simply put - a Keto Diet (CKD) with a calorie surplus.

In my mind, the calorie surplus and high protein should allow anabolism, whilst the lack of glycogen should still force the body to burn fat stores for energy?

Ultimately fat loss and muscle growth?

I know ultimately you cant generaly get both together in excessive amounts, but can anyone comment on the ideas above?

Potentially you could expect high fat loss and moderate LBM gains?

Im on cycle by the way...

thats why GOD gave man the power to create..........HGH!!!!!!!!

or serveral other pro-harmones

Top Bottom