Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Let's talk implements...

KillahBee

I know there was a thread a while back on the training board about this. I am basically just interested in

a) what type of implements are suggested for a beginner to train with at home
b) how to make these implements

What I do know is that a sled can be made in various ways (welding with sheet metal..., wooden box, tire), that tires to flip can be found easily and that farmers walk implements are the hardest to make. I am mainly interested in making a sled that has the capability to load things in to add on weight (I think I saw a link once from B fold with this type of sled pic) and the logistics of making it, including belt/harness and chain.

I am also at a disadvantage for the time being due to the fact that I live in an apartment (3rd floor) so obviously I do not have a garage or yard for storage/training use. I figure I could make a sled, grab a keg, and maybe wrap some sandbags in duct tape to carry around and keep these objects in my trunk for use in an empty parking lot across the street.

Like I said, this would all be for a beginner, so nothing too fancy.

I made a sled out of a wooden pallet that I got from work and nailed a peice of styrene to it. If your dragging on pavement you'll need some type of steel sheeting.I do my drags in the grass it's harder that way and the styrene holds up good. For my first pair of farmers implements I used 2 hammercurl/tricep bars you can get them for like 20 bucks a piece.

Yeah, I figure a wood sled is the best way to go. I don't have any major tools (i.e. drill) to afix the steel sheet to the bottom of the sled (I will be dragging on concrete), but I'll figure something out. I have a date with Home Depot tomorrow.

Luke Whippo said:
I made a sled out of a wooden pallet that I got from work and nailed a peice of styrene to it. If your dragging on pavement you'll need some type of steel sheeting.I do my drags in the grass it's harder that way and the styrene holds up good. For my first pair of farmers implements I used 2 hammercurl/tricep bars you can get them for like 20 bucks a piece.

Culd you expand on how you made a sled out of a wooden pallet? Iactually nabbed a wooden pallet today of perfect size (it was actualy on my way home from watching a PL comp) and wou;d like to turn it into a stable sled. I appreciate it.

you could keep farmers in apt too...even a yoke if ya wanted. i have pics of my yoke,sled, farmers, and log if ya want

kingc_79 said:
you could keep farmers in apt too...even a yoke if ya wanted. i have pics of my yoke,sled, farmers, and log if ya want

definitely would like to check out those pics bro. thanks.

All that I did to make the sled was I drilled a 1" hole on the end of the pallet in the middle stud. I nailed the material on the top of the pallet where there are several boards then I took off 2 of the 3 bords on the bottom so I can load the weights in it.

Luke Whippo said:
All that I did to make the sled was I drilled a 1" hole on the end of the pallet in the middle stud. I nailed the material on the top of the pallet where there are several boards then I took off 2 of the 3 bords on the bottom so I can load the weights in it.

that's what I figured was the way to do it. my only concern is that the middle stud will not be strong enough to hold the chain/rope with all that weight inside the sled. I can picture the thing just snapping in half.

My sled has held up great but I've only put a little over 400lbs. in it since I drag in the grass dragging on concrete you will need more weight but I think that I can put alot more on my sled and it will hold up. I would send you a picture but I'm like so behind in the computer world and I don't even own a digital camera,sorry.

Luke Whippo said:
My sled has held up great but I've only put a little over 400lbs. in it since I drag in the grass dragging on concrete you will need more weight but I think that I can put alot more on my sled and it will hold up. I would send you a picture but I'm like so behind in the computer world and I don't even own a digital camera,sorry.

thanks for the input bro. I am going to try and make one in a few weeks when I have access to some tools.

Top Bottom