Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Let's talk about MILK!

A

Advaik

Ok I was reading in Readers Digest (no comments please...) that dairy products can actually decrease bodyfat. Specifically Calcium in milk causes this effect.

I already posted asking if you can replace water with milk (I wasnt able to find that post about % of water in milk, whoever posted it do you think you can bring up the numbers?). And in short the answer was yes.

Milk also has a good amount of protein.

So what does everyone think about drinking half a gallon of skim milk a day? It cuts down on the amount of water you need, the calcium helps to fight fat, it has 68g protein. The only real problem is it also has 88g of sugar. Since calcium helps fight fat this shouldnt be a real problem plus the sugar isnt all that bad for you, it's better than regular sugar at least. And you need sugar for creatine anyways (not sure if lactose is a good sugar for this, does anyone know?)

Need opinions here :D

If your bulking and don't care about looking smooth go for it. Milk makes me look like shit. I hold a lot of water when I drink it. I don't care for the puffy look. If you want to be vascular, dry, and ripped looking stay away.

I'm planning to go on a diet where I am adding lean muscle as soon as I am done cutting. Cutting is just too hard for me, I lose concentration fuck I can't even remember my name sometimes. It makes me feel like shit, I just can't cut anymore so I dont want to bulk either. I am looking into a bunch of methods where I can pack on lean muscle (slowly mind you) without fat. Apparently there are tricks that will strip the fat but still allow you to gain good amounts of muscle. These tricks include drinking milk, 3-4g ALA, lots of creatine, etc. I heard you get alot of water retenation while doing this and your gut may become huge, but I gotta atleast try it. As long as it's not fat it shouldnt look too bad. I can always suck in my gut, I've been doing it for 10 yrs what's another 20? :D

Advaik--I read that article too. I have since read several other articles confirming the info in RD. Just remember that the point of diminishing returns looks to be at about 4 servings/day. That's 8 oz/serving. I've started using skim milk in my protein drinks. I had been using water because I didn't want the extra calories from the milk. Nothing major to report so far, but it's only been a month. I think over the long haul it could help though. I certainly haven't added any fat from doing this. I'm as lean or leaner than I was before. If you were at a very low BF%, then you might notice a slight smoothing effect. From what I've read, this seems to be a water retention issue. I'm hovering around 10-12%BF so I don't notice any negative effects. The biggest benefit so far is that my shakes taste better now!

i really doubt that that small amount of calcium will increase the rate in which you burn body fat................personally i only drink milk when bulking, and then its whole milk....ummmmm its the best.

Whole milk?? good god........ maybe thats why you only drink milk when bulking then, one glass of whole milk has like a week and a half worth of fat in it if you were trying to cut.

PS. The calcium in milk, in theory will help burn fat, but in practice, its not enough to notice a difference. Milk is still good for you, provides essential and necessary vitamins and minerals, protein, carbs, etc etc, tastes good, but for christ sakes, don't drink whole milk, you'll turn into a Fatticus McFat in no time.

im no expert but i would imagine that endomorphs would want to stay away from milk, and ecto's could probably drink up

Ah, readers' digest

Yeah milk is pretty good but you shouldn't replace water with it. It's cool to drink 1-3 glasses of milk a day, depending on your body type and what you're going for, but keep drinking the water. Most people agree that skim is the way to go, or some super-markets have 1/2%. It might smooth you over a bit but it's high in protein, tastes good and somehow, just makes me feel good to drink it. This topc has been discussed before so you might want to run a search.

I definetely prefer soy milk over regular milk. Taste and consistency. It's more expensive but it tastes so damn good, especially with Muscle Milk

Top Bottom