Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Letrozole blows off Anastrozole!

bazilbb

i came accross a must read Q&A on t-mag by Cy wilson: -
Q: I hear a lot of people talking about femara on the Testosterone drug forum. What is it exactly and is it better than Arimidex?

A: Femara, or letrozole, belongs to the same class as anastrozole (Arimidex). They're both nonsteroidal aromatase inhibitors. Non-bootlegged letrozole is available as a 2.5 mg film-coated tablet in bottles of twenty. The half-life is about two days and absorption doesn't appear to be affected by food.

Even though 2.5 mgs per day is commonly used, 0.1 mg was shown to be just about as effective. Significant suppression of estradiol and estrone levels are typically seen within 24 hours of administration. (8, 9) As a side note, letrozole has been shown to cause a 38% reduction in plasma levels of tamoxifen when used concurrently, although I don't see why one would use the two together. (10)

Now, what about letrozole compared to anastrozole? Well, the following chart shows how various aromatase inhibitors did compared to one another (in vitro at least). (11)

Aminoglutethimide (Cytadren)… 1

Formestane… 60

Exemestane… 60

Anastrozole (Arimidex)… 200

Letrozole (Femara)… 200

Vorozole… 1000

Now, what does this mean? Well, in vitro, the two appear to be equivalent in potency. However, as you know, in vitro assessments aren't always accurate when compared to results that occur in vivo.

So, is there any in vivo evidence? Yes. Researches performed a double-blind crossover study using either 2.5 mg/day of letrozole or 1 mg/day of anastrozole. After six weeks of treatment for each substance it was found that when those patients used letrozole, there was a suppression greater than 99.1% (Estrone-84%, Estradiol-88%, estrone sulfate-98%) in all patients, whereas, anastrozole resulted in an average suppression of 97.3% (Estrone-81%, Estradiol-85%, Estrone sulfate-94%).

These differences were found to be significant after statistical analysis. (12) Now, I know some of you may construe this evidence as supporting the idea that anastrozole is indeed more potent since the mg amount used was less (2.5 mg vs. 1.0), and while this is true, you must recall that letrozole was found to have no statistically significant difference in estrogen levels amongst those who used 0.1-2.5 mg. This would indicate that 0.1 mg would also have outperformed 1 mg of anastrozole. (13)

One thing to note though is that there were adverse effects seen on blood lipids in patients using 2.5 mg/daily, more specifically, a reduction of HDL and an increase in LDL. Essentially, either make sure you use the drug as sporadically as you do androgens or use it along with clomiphene in order to keep blood lipids at a fair level. (14)

To be totally honest, either drug will do as they both suppress estrogen formation extremely well and to nearly similar levels, so much so that I doubt you'd actually notice the difference in terms of real world measures (i.e. chance of getting gyno, water retention, etc.) Still, if you want to argue which is technically more potent, it's letrozole (Femara).

BarPk

i am sure u havent heard about Formestane either!
more potent then either of these as its a suicidal aromatase inhibitor. means permanent low estrogen.

I must be missing something here....I was under the impression that the higher number represented a higher level of anti aromatose. And since the only ones here I am familiar with are cytadren, arimidex, and femara. I was thinking Vorozole was BY FAR the most potent, am I mistaken?

Great info! The study stated that even 0,1 mg of femara suppresses estrogen pretty good. I´ll go for that stuff and take like 1/10th of a tab daily. If it works it´ll be the cheapest anti-e around.

Many of the studies also show significantly decreased tissue IGF-1 levels which probably isnt such a great thing if your trying to grow muscle.

Zyglamail said:
Many of the studies also show significantly decreased tissue IGF-1 levels which probably isnt such a great thing if your trying to grow muscle.
but same has been said about anastrozole, IMO these studies r not final yet as some shows increase AND decrease in IGF-1 levels in both letro and arim!

NEED HELP!

in my case i have used Winstrol, for about 12 weeks, and in mid of cycle i used gonadotropin, and then after the cycle also... then few weeks later i started developing small lumps under my nipples. month after cycle, i took Nolvadex, it reduced the size and stop progression, until a few weeks ago, nipples started to swell again. my last shot of winstrol was in april, and last gonadotropin was 10 days later.

the lump on right is size of peanut and left is bit bigger.

I was thinking of taking letro, but its quite expensive Femara.

Anasrozole is much cheaper, by global anabolics 50 tablets x 1 mg.

also i thought of trying ovenum.

dont know what to do, please help.

Top Bottom