Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Let me know, cause this just seems wrong.

econanalyst

Hey,
I have been bb for about 6 months now. I have gotten a lot stronger and bigger. For some reason I cant seem to bench worth a shit. I only bench 140. This doesnt seem much to me, seeing how I have seen guys bench 220, who I know I am stronger than. A few days ago, I was doing arms, I was doing the close-grip bench press exercise. I could put up the same amount of weight on close-grip (140 pds) that I could on my normal bench (on close-grip I had my hands about 12 inches away). Am I doing soemthing wrong on bench, considering that I can put up the same weight on close-grip? Is my form wrong for normal bench??? Please help me out.

You didn't give enought description to know if your form is wrong, but I would suggest focusing more on incline bench than flat bench. You will increase your presses much faster if you do incline and decline bench (which puts your body in a more natural position).

You also have to realize that benching is partially due to a person's weight. I've seen 300 lb. fat slobs who can bench 225 lbs. without much effort, and 180 lb. BBs who are struggling to get one rep at 225lbs.

Don't worry about your bench (unless you plan to powerlift), just continue to push yourself to failure and you will slowly increase your bench.

It also sounds like you've reached the point where initial gains will level off and you will have to remain dedicated to see results from now on.

Econ-
You may also want to switch over to dumbell presses for a little while, then go back to BB. I like to alternate, and it seems wto work.

try this on your form:

arch your back a ton....... always keep your shoulder blades and your butt on the bench at all times

touch your shoulder blades together before you lie down

and find your grip....( this is easy to find...... pick up just the bar and touch it too your chest...... then place your hands on the bar where it makes your bicep/tricep parallel to the floor and your forarms perpendicular to the floor

then use a good weight and concentrate on slow down and fast up

do you work shoulders more than triceps? triceps more than shoulders? do you do incline and decline??

~WizKid :kaioken:

Top Bottom