Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Leg Routine

dschribs

I'm having trouble get my legs to grow at all. I've been making good gains elsewhere but my legs suck. I can't do squats because of a bad low back but I can do leg presses/hacks. I was working legs once per week -HEAVY!! The guy that owns my gym (former BB) told me try four sets leg press with 20 reps each??? (ALong with extensions and curls) Would this kind of workout put size on my legs?? I tried it last week and it was a bitch but I'm not convinved that it's going to add size to my quads. Another thing is I'm 6'4" so my legs are long to begin with. Any suggestions????
Thanks

Unless you try it for a couple more weeks you wont know, everyone reacts differently. If this type of training (high-rep) has been ignored by you so far than maybe this change in routine is for the better, changing intensity is always a good way to suprise you muscles into new growth.

Try changing things with your leg workout, diff foot positions and such, see what happens. I would keep the leg presses fairly heavy at the end of the workouts, they are great mass builders, and superset with (high rep) extensions.

Bro, stick wth he hacks and hip sled and use massive weight, blast for 4 sets on each with low reps (6-8). I love it and it rips the shit outta ya. Bring it all with intensity.

:kaioken:

Hacks and leg presses should do the trick. Also recommend using the hip inductor machine. My legs started getting wider more on the inside/outside after doing hip abductors.

I had to stop squating due to lower back problems....and my form was shit! Do 4 sets of heavy, strict leg presses, 4 leg extensions and 4 leg curls and maybe 4 sets of calf raises to finish off?

I have found power cleans to be great ham, quad and calf builders....if you are man enough to do 5 sets of cleans 5 reps each(heavy as fuck!) THEN YOUR LEGS WILL GROW!

if your serious about getting your legs to grow, i would try my hardest to do squats with very low weight, and eventually you will be able to put more weight on the bar, and as another result it will probably strengthen your back, by strengthing your erector muscles. i do pretty heavy weights for good reps, and dont use a back brace, so i would try it b/c it might do you more good to at least give it a shot than to say you cant

I got good size by doing one leg-leg presses, and one leg-leg extensions. Of course heavy squats too!

Top Bottom