Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Leg day...need help

halfaclue

Banned
OK I'm going to start of with 2 warm up sets the 5*5 for squats. Normally I would have gone to Leg ext for 3 sets, leg curls for 3 sets and stairs for my calves.

I want to keep the squats and staris for calves but what else should I do in between. Also i do deads on back day.

i do a similar variation.

sqauts
straight leg deads
calves
extensions/curls (3 sets a piece)

hit leg presses on another day, along with more calve work

should i add hack squats or leg presses after squats? I think needsize was saying that leg ext are a waste of time????

halfaclue said:
should i add hack squats or leg presses after squats? I think needsize was saying that leg ext are a waste of time????

I do them to isolate each leg and to work with definition a little. I feel that squats, straight leg deads, leg presses, and hacks all add mass, but dont offer enough definition. If you want, you could do a couple sets of extensions to warm your quads up before you hit squats.

I dont see why you couldnt add them in after squats; they just may be a little taxing on your knees. I have horrible knees and they fucking kill me if i try them.

halfaclue said:
I'm just concerned about mass right now...I want to go from 24inches to 30inches on the quads.

Gonna be a bitch buying pants that fit, lol.

My partner and i want to do the same thing, but maybe not quite that much growth. That is why we started do deads, leg presses, and calves on Sundays and do squats, straight leg deads, calves, extensions, and curls on Wednesdays.

halfaclue said:
personally i found hacks much better for my quads then leg presses or leg ex's..when doing them make sure to get a full range..i do mine facing inot the machine so that my heels are above my toes feet somewhat close, toes pointed out, i break just below parallel and come up but do not lock my knees out try to keep tension all the way through..

wnt2bBeast said:
personally i found hacks much better for my quads then leg presses or leg ex's..when doing them make sure to get a full range..i do mine facing inot the machine so that my heels are above my toes feet somewhat close, toes pointed out, i break just below parallel and come up but do not lock my knees out try to keep tension all the way through..

I'll try that!

wnt2bBeast said:
I used to do my hack squats facing in too, infact, thats how I originally thought they were supposed to be done, but now the gym I go to has the head of the hack squat machine tilted facing towards the ground so I cant to them like that no more

reg hacks are great too..for me since im concentrating on front squats i still want to get my glute involved and doing them facing in will hit the glute a little more..

Top Bottom