Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Late-Night Exercise Does Not Disturb Sleep...

CLOMIDCLOWN

Just got the new Dr.Mirkin report and the info is below (including the name of study), pretty interesting. Feel free to PM me with any questions!

Here we go with the copy and paste:

"Many fitness instructors give bad advice when they tell
you not to exercise within three hours before going to sleep.
Several studies show that exercising vigorously before going to
bed does not interfere with sleep. One study from the University
of California at San Diego showed that three hours of vigorous
pedaling at 70 percent of maximum oxygen uptake in very bright
lights did not stop fit men from falling or staying asleep.
The old argument was that vigorous exercise causes your
body to produce large amounts of its own stimulants, adrenalin
and nor adrenalin, that make your heart beat rapidly, raise body
temperature and prevent you from feeling tired. Newer studies
show that doesn't happen. We also know that exercise helps to
prevent disease, prolong life and make you feel good. So it is
better to exercise whenever it’s convenient for you, even if
it's just before you go to bed."

Actually after leg WOs I just want to sleep

On the other hand after high intensity cardio I really can't sleep
I guess you should take into account the internal temperature, pretty high after training, that is incompatible with sleep

uh who ever thought it was bad to exercise before bed, must never have sex!!! cuz after a vigerous session of a couple hours of foreplay and hard ass sex, the only thing I want is to pass out!! plus I work out every tnight about 1 hour before I go to bed, and I have no problems passing right out!!!but I am institionalized to fall asleep on command ;)

i dunno who thought this up.

usually after hard activity (all day vball tournament or heavy squat day for example), i'll feel very awake for the duration of the event, but once i take that nice warm shower, i'm out like a light for hours

edit:

some of the best sleep i've ever had in my life wwas when i first started doing hard judo mat work (coupled with some wrestling type drills, stuff like that). it was intense, both the mat work and the sleep. 10+ hours solid sleep, i woke up in the exact position i layed down in... didn't move a muscle

I love passing out after heavy training sessions. Sadly, I don't do that much now, if ever, because I train M/W/F and I have shit to do after 4:00 PM. -_-

Top Bottom