Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Large land owners.. I need some advice here

T

the_clockwork

I am in the process of maybe buying a large lot of land (450+ acres) and I was wondering what are some of the things I need to look for, also it is not zoned

any advice?

Any of it protected? Like a lower damp elevation they can claim is marsh land and keep you from developing on it?

the_clockwork said:
I am in the process of maybe buying a large lot of land (450+ acres) and I was wondering what are some of the things I need to look for, also it is not zoned

any advice?

Fenced? Good for crops? Flood zone? Mineral rights? Access roads?

the_clockwork said:

any advice?
lol how do you afford all this shit. arent you a drug counselor?

lots of speculators with land, that ain't being sold - yet they have to continue making monthly payments on.

if ur being land - ur just speculating. lotsa people speculated on housing and getting butt-fucked now.

unless u know something others don't - stay away from land.

Smurfy said:
lol how do you afford all this shit. arent you a drug counselor?

several people are going in on this and splitting up the land but it's all or nothing and I graduated from drug counseling last year, I am a licensed psychologist focusing on social habilitation and relapse prevention now, although I am getting my feet wet in other scenarios lately..

It is not located in a flood plain and no marshes.. I will check into what areas can't be developed though.

The back end of it is right on an major insterstate.. it is on the outskirts of the city and I plan to sit on my section for at least 10 years.. 1 mile east of it is a huge medical facility and 1 mile west of it is housing / commercial.. the area is blossoming like hell and will be fully developed in under 10 years w/ this huge medical facility that just opened.. land owner is a family friend and has owned it for decades, didn't do anything w/ it, been in his family forever, use to farm it

Razorguns said:
lots of speculators with land, that ain't being sold - yet they have to continue making monthly payments on.

if ur being land - ur just speculating. lotsa people speculated on housing and getting butt-fucked now.

unless u know something others don't - stay away from land.

it wouldn't be something I really "knew" but more of a deal..

I would buy my section in straight cash from an inheritance I received long ago

do you think it would be more wise to invest in something else? (I understand you don't know the city or the whole situation but from this reading, what would you say?)

the_clockwork said:
it wouldn't be something I really "knew" but more of a deal..

I would buy my section in straight cash from an inheritance I received long ago

do you think it would be more wise to invest in something else? (I understand you don't know the city or the whole situation but from this reading, what would you say?)

I would no doubt buy it, but lease it out to a farmer for the time being. That way you'll be making some kind of profit. I've invested in a lot of land...It's the one thing they're not making any more of.

Land prices continue to rise as more and more people are wanting little 3 acre houses with a horse. Eventually you'll be able to section off the land and sell them as plots. That's where the real money is.

the_clockwork said:
do you think it would be more wise to invest in something else?

your career.

or savings, until you figure out what's the best usage for it. few americans have savings, but tons of debt. that limits their options in life.

r

What kind of water access does it have? If it's sitting on an aquifer (and IF that's it's ONLY resource) and there's already many developments surrounding that parcel, which taps into it, you might have a problem in the future with a moratorium on building. Water resources, such as this, can only sustain so much.

Top Bottom