Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

knee wrap roller

I started like everybody else with one set of knee wraps and rolling them between sets or attempts at meets. It became tiring and distracting. I bought 4 sets when I could afford it and then i saw a knee wrap roller in Powerlifting USA. I thoughtI can build one of those. so after a couple of tries i came up with the best one that worked.I like my wraps as tight as i can get them. this allows me to do that. The tighter the wraps, the better the spring out of the bottom of the hole. at a meet or when i train heavy i roll all 4 sets and i'm ready to go, no worries between sets about wraps or my hands getting tired. if i'm at a meet and one of them slips out of my hand i pull it off real quick grab another one already rolled up and go. It really speeds things up.Most of the time i can wrap both knees and be stood up in under a minute. This can make or break you when they call you on deck or the bar is loaded. The quicker you can roll, wrap, straps up, and belt tight. The more you can worry or think about a HEAVY squat.

Hey cheese puss i got your email. But your email address did'nt show up. I'll have a pic to send you Wednesday if you can get me an address. if you don't want me to have your addy let me know how i can send you a pic. I'll fill you in on how it works and how i use mine if you want.

A training partner of mine recently convinced me that wraps are THE most important squatting aid. I was able to squat 605lb raw below parallel on that particular day while he could only do a slow 583lb. I thought that I was going to trash him as soon as we got suited up and began wrapping. But boy, was I in for a nasty surprise! He pulled out a wrap roller from somewhere and stretched his wraps so much that there was NO elasticity left in them at all and then got two guys to wrap him so tight that I thought that his patella was going to be cruched! He could basically not walk with them on but proceeded to squat a big 760 while I could only manage a relatively pathetic 700lb.

Our suits were roughly equal in tightness so the only difference lay in the wraps. I always wrap myself mildly tight but have now realised how huge a difference a set of very tightly roller-wound wraps can make.

Exactly! The tighter the wrap the more spring out of the hole.You get a better understanding by trying this little experiment. Wrap one leg like you normally would. Then wrap the other as tight as you can stand it. Try to bend the first leg wrapped normally then the other that is wrapped very tightly.It should be harder to bend the tightly wrapped knee. So if it's hard for you, it should be hard for the loaded bar to force you down. I start wrapping 5 to 6 weeks before a contest. The first 2 weeks are to get my knees ready for the wrap hell i'm gonna inflict in the last 4 weeks. You should have bruises on the backs of your knees from the wraps. I do. that's what the first 2 weeks are for, getting acclimated to wraps. then the 3rd and 4th weeks i add briefs and suit/ straps down. last 2 weeks before a contest full gear. Balls out and blood shot eyes. or your not trying hard enough. The knee wrap roller is a very valuable tool. Everyone wants their shirt, suits, and wristwraps tight for max. suport. why not your kneewraps?

hey dbolsandall, you can use my hotmail account [email protected] I check it everyday. Thanks man....this will definetly help in my training...plus it always sucks when your putting on your wrap and the roll drops on the floor and you have to roll it up again or suffer a shitty wrap!

thanks

dbolsandall said:
i can get you a roller for $25 plus shipping. I work in a machine shop and make them myself. any body who want's one let me know and i'll get back to you
I was searching the net for knee wrap rollers, and I was directed to your post. I just joined this site, and am DEFINITELY intrested in purchasing one from you. If you still make them, or have any left let me know.

Thanks

Top Bottom