Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Kids were interviewed today by court

crazyjoe said:
So what do you tell you're kids whenever they're mom comes up in conversations?> meaning do you ever talk negative about her to them.

No.

Because while they might be kids, at their age learning is primarily from a visual standpoint and they are going to be aware of what the truth is without you having to point it out. Just be neutral.

I started out by saying that she was a fool for even TRYING to take the oldest, regardless of the child's gender. As for separating the two the 16 y/o and 10 y/o most likely don't even realize they live in the same household already. Come on...

And so far the only thing you can say about your being the better parent is moral which is because you feel slighted that she cheated on you? I thought you guys sorta cheated on one another. But that has NOTHING to do with your parenting skills AT ALL... I am not the one who brought up morals - you did. And I am not judging either one of you. Heck, I am actually saying what was good for one, was good for the other?

ANY CHILD (regardless of their gender) will have a hard time being separated from their mother at the age of 10. That is not *old school* it is a fact. But YOU are the only one in your situation and YOU are the only one who can determine (or at least TRY) what is best for YOUR KIDS.

It is traumatic for any child to have to go through a custody battle and your *points* are full of a lot of suppositions and conjecture. The fact that the children told their mother one thing about who they wanted to live with, you another thing and the judge yet a third thing doesnt prove a thing, except that the children feel torn, as they would regardless of the circumstances.

Fact is, she put you in a difficult position by doing this all *last minute*. I supposed she was hoping that you couldn't/wouldn't fight based on your history. Well I suppose she figured wrong. Bottom line is custody is always modifiable. Ask Biteme. He will tell you all about it.

AAP said:
No.

Because while they might be kids, at their age learning is primarily from a visual standpoint and they are going to be aware of what the truth is without you having to point it out. Just be neutral.

Easier said then done, especially when there is seething hatred for what the parents view as how the other slighted them.

It happens to BOTH genders and is equally traumatic to the children. No child needs to hear that their mother is a whore any more than they need to hear that their father was a cheating piece of shit that chased pussy all over the internet while he claimed he was being faithfull to her.

AAP said:
No.

I agree. I was'nt asking for advice, I was asking what HE does.

Bravo for thinking only about the kids.
Just remember. This whole experience is taking a toll on you too.
Make sure you are taken care of also!

I dont understand why the ex felt the need to go about things this way.

The 16 y/o is clearly old enough to make a choice as to who it is he wants to live with. Good or bad at his age going through the motions of a court room drama is foolish as the court will let the child live wherever that child wishes. PERIOD.

There is obviously still a lot of unresolved issues between the two parents to go through such an exercize at this juncture. The only child in question is the 10 year old.

It is always sad when one parent is adversarial and feels the need to drag the kids through hell because that parent wants to exact their pound of flesh from the other parent. Kids are not playthings, they are living, breathing, feeling human beings.

None of us will have the data necessary to make a proper call as to where ANYBODY ELSE's children should live. Lets just all hope for the sake of these children that the parents will be able to come to some sort of an agreement that will most benefit the children.

Custody is ALWAYS modifiable. So regardless of what is *decided* in the short term that situation could change in the blink of an eye. The children will grow up with or without EITHER parent. So BOTH PARENTS should try and get themselves as emotionally healthy as possible so that regardless of what trauma the future may bring (in respect to their children) they will be able to be at their BEST when they are called on to pick up the pieces.

She was wrong to go about things this way but that doesn't mean necessarily that she is not suited to be the parent of primary residence for the younger child. Families move all the time for a host of reasons. Children are resilient. If they are in a positive environment they will thrive. If they are not their development and behavior will show that.

Hope all works out for the best for the kids.

Good luck to you man, you are in a tough position and it reallys sounds like you want the best for your kids. Be civil w/ her and do all you can to keep them together. I was in the same situation several years ago and I was awarded my stepson and my ex-wife kept our daughter. Weird situation and it took its toll on all of our relationships. I`ll pray that yours will turn out better.

Top Bottom