Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Kiddie Vitamins :)

BrickGirl

I have a 3 year old son, will be 3 in 26 days :) I was wondering if there is a good multi vitamin for him? Any thoughts/ideas/suggestions? :)

flintstones! :) they're fun... barney, fred, dino, wilma, betty, pebbles and bambam???!!!

i think at that age, worring about the sugar and other additives is probably pointless since kids generally get a shitload of sugar anyways....

sooo... why not get one that tastes good and that he'll want to take?

But do they dissolve okay? I mean, some vitamins I have taking in the past come out whole, but I guess, since he will chew them up, that they should get absorbed fine, thanks! :)

I give my lil girl different kinds all the time...flinestones, pokemon etc.....she is 3 1/2 and im lucky to get her to take on every day let alone worry about what type etc....I just make sure she's eating plenty of veggies and good foods every day! :)

FLINSTONE vitamins are da bomb !!!! lol.... no really those things are good. i remember when i was a kid... i would eat sooo many of those things my mom had to hide them from me. ur baby will love em !!:)

Chewables ruled!!! Just make sure you keep them WELL out of reach b/c I remember 'snacking' on them as a kid, and as we all know, some of the metals can be really toxic to a little one. I know some folks also really object to more "medicinal" substances being presented as if they are candy because of that fact....so you might be more comfortable with a liquid??? Don't ask me a brand, I don't have any kids!!!

Watch out for KiddieVites with iron....

Chances are that unless your child is anemic, they don't need Iron. Also, I recently read an article (in Pediatrics, I think?) that the RDA dosing for kiddie vites is based upon a 4-6 year old that is 15-30% overweight. The trouble was, most 2-4 year olds of normal weight and frame are now ODing by almost 40%!!! NOT HEALTHY!

Whole grains, fruits, veggies, and nuts plus half a kiddie vitamine EOD should do just fine!

The kiddies DO need more calcium for their bones. Without milk, cheeses, or packed salmon, it's hard to get enought in diet alone. Calcium fortified juices are good except for the sugars......<sigh> Being a responsible parent is HARD WORK!

BE

Top Bottom