Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Kettlebells

What size should I get? My partner and I are thinking of splitting the cost for one. We're both pretty strong. I pull 7+ and squat 6+. He pulls 8 and squats 7+. What size bell would be good for us, if we just got one?

Its hard to say because there are so many exercises and some of them just can't be done with a heavy one to begin with.

I do the majority of my work with either 50 ish pounders or the 70ish pounders.

i would say to get some that are around 40-50 pounds and if you like the stuff you are able to do with them, look into getting more.

btw if you can find a welder you can make them cheap

Thanks IL.

So what else can you do with them besides those Turkish Get Ups (I'm definitely going to start doing them)? What exercises can you do with them to work your grip?

well there is about a million, i will see what I can do about putting together some info, the stuff is kinda hard to explain without a video.

In general kettlebells are much harder to handle than dumbells b/c of the curved handle and awkward shape.

you can do swing throughs to help flexability and improve your hip power for deads and cleans.

bent presses, zott squats, overhead farmers, swing through cleans, and then some

I think there was a thread on specific kettle uses on cyberpump not too long ago. I'll go see if I can find it and copy it over to here.

IronLion said:
you can do swing throughs to help flexability and improve your hip power for deads and cleans.

Swing throughs are great. Don't have a kettlebell and just use DBs. They're good in GPP circuits.

ive been using kettlebells for almost 2 months, with the last 3 -4 weeks using them for almost 100% of my training . i have had nothing but strength and size increases, especially my core area. and ir is right, something about these makes them feel so much heavier; probably due to its poor weight distribution of itself. if you can afford them, get them; they will be the best investment you have ever made.

slobberknocker said:
What size should I get? My partner and I are thinking of splitting the cost for one. We're both pretty strong. I pull 7+ and squat 6+. He pulls 8 and squats 7+. What size bell would be good for us, if we just got one?

get all sizes...i promise there are some exercises that no matter how strong you are, you will be lucky to do them with even the smallest kettlebell (and usually those are the most beneficial!)

Top Bottom