Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

ketosis>????

keiko: thanks for the bodyopus site. good info. i'm in. but first i've gotta order the ketogenic diet by lyle mcdonald. amazon.com. i've heard great reviews on it.
i really want to learn as much about this diet as possible before jumping into it. don't wanna be messing with no fats, now. hey, and wouldn't eating so much protein get a little expensive. :eek:

I am reading a book by Bantam Books called "Protein Power" and it basically says you don't have to worry about the fat so much because it is self limiting if you restrict carbs. Most of the fats are used in conjunction with carbs, breading, frying stuff etc. THey state if you cut out most of the carbs then you wouldn't really want to eat the fat, i.e. eating butter alone, crisco, spoonfulls of lard right out of the bucket....gag! I see their point.

let me ask you guys a question.when you go into ketossis did you have body aches from hell? insomneia? my feet and legs hurt so friggin bad i had to stop.anyone else had bad experence besides the usual feeling like shit?

I did freak. I did not drink enough water and I got a urinary tract infection and started passing blood clots...along with really feeling really really bad. But I was just doing a diet and the only thing I had with it was an appetite suppressant. The guys around here can probably help you more.

As far as the acne, I had no acne probs. however, I'm 30 years old and my hormons have slowed way back since I was 19. As far as the sore legs, I would ventur to guess you are overtraining. Being on the keto diet your body don't get the carbs it needs to do serious bodybuilding. When you are bodybuilding you need pre and post workout carbs. Without these your muscles are slower to repair.

This is somewhat a theory not fact but here goes. You may want to supplement with glutamine to assist with recovery also for the acne try to replace some of the saturated fats with EFAs.

Does this theory sound right? Or am I just speaking where I shouldn't?

I think the acne comes with not drinking enough water.

Protein Power and its ilk make sense in theory, but a very low carb diet with no carb-up is not really practical for a serious BB'er and of course, just plain wrong for an endurancew athelete. Most of the folks who have success on a very low-carb diet are folks with a lot of weight to lose and not much exercise history.

i'm currently on a keto diet, it would work great if i wouldn't feel hungry all the time!!!!!

i don't know why, but i'm hungry the hole day, only a few minutes after having eaten a meal the hunger is gone, but then 20-30mins later i feel hungry again,.....

does anybody know how much protein one has to consume so that his body converts it to glucose?

THC--if you're on a ketonic diet and you're hungry--eat some protein or some fat. A tablespoon of peanut butter on low-carb crackers (Rykrisp, FinnCrisp, etc.) will work. Or can'o'tuna. The amount of protein depends on yor bodyweight, goals, etc. If you're not in ketosis, up your fat.

Freak--deep ketosis can cause insomnia. You might up your carbs a tiny, tiny bit. If your joints ache--fish oil caplets will help.

Top Bottom