Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Jump Rope vs Jog

freakshow85

So, how many here prefer jumping rope vs jogging? I actually enjoy jumping rope. Not to mention it can really get that heart pumping. I can get my pulse to 175 pretty easy and keep it around that. Then again, I can hardly make it to 25 minutes with little breaks in between my sets before wanting to quit. Do you think 25 minutes of jump roping in the morning, fasted, is plenty of cardio? Any reason I should be jogging instead of jump roping? Yeah, jumping rope, jump roping. Call it what you will.

Bro i call it "skipping" confused a few peeps on here with that! Personally I do both, running/jogging is easier for me as you don't have to concentrate. Skipping (or jumping rope!) requires better coordination and timing plus it makes me nice and light on my feet. I find jogging gets me more fatigued in less time than skipping, fitness wise I gotta say running hands down. But that's just my opinion...

I like the jump rope idea. At the end of the day its all about heart rate. If the jump rope taxes you more then it will be more effective. You also have to be able to enjoy what u are doing. Ha ha. If you can't make yourself run but u like to jump rope then that will be more effective by sheer default. Ha ha. Another idea for you is a punching bag. Sick cardio and it helps to strengthen the wrist and forearms!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using EliteFitness

Yeah, I enjoy jumping rope so that was one major plus for it. I like the punching bag idea. I just need to buy one. I enjoy using a punching bag and I enjoy jumping rope. First, though, I have to buy a new bench. Mine is getting too wobbly and I'm quite a bit over the weight limit. So, after that, I can save up for a punching bag.

You got somewhere to hang a bag? I recommend a really heavy one 100+ lbs anything else and you'll get frustrated with it flying all over the place every time you hit it.

I like doing both. But prefer jump rope over jog as it is the fastest and easiest way to warm up. Specially when you live in big cities where there is not that much space to go for a run.

Top Bottom