Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Jonestown 30th Anniversary Today

mrplunkey

New member
I vividly remember it. We had a social studies class where we competed to bring-in the most important news article of the week. I stood outside the classroom at 6:45 with the article -- I knew it would be the winner.

Damn I was such a nerd.
 
I vividly remember it. We had a social studies class where we competed to bring-in the most important news article of the week. I stood outside the classroom at 6:45 with the article -- I knew it would be the winner.

Damn I was such a nerd.

how fucking old are you rob
 
Look-up Jim Jones and Guyana. He was a cult leader who was about to get busted so he had almost 1,000 of his followers commit suicide by drinking a cyanide-laced fruit drink.

Have you ever used the phrase: "Don't drink the kool-aid!" -- that's one of the origins of that term.
 
A more obscure reference to Jonestown is an insult by analogy. Here's an example: "Bill Clinton did for the prestige of the Presidency what the Jonestown punch did for Kool-Aid".

Obviously the target of the analogy varies!
 
For multiple usages of the phrase "Drink the kool-aid" watch Bill OReilly any given night
 
For multiple usages of the phrase "Drink the kool-aid" watch Bill OReilly any given night

Yeah, the phrase has morphed into implying that someone will buy-into anything some other source will tell them.

But it's also used now to imply loyalty. When someone says: "Hey, I'm already drinking the kool-aid." it means they are going to cooperate regardless.

So if you're in an annual review and someone says they appreciate the role of devils' advocate you often play, but it would also be nice to see you "drink the kool-aid" every now and then -- that means you need to get your ass on board!
 
okay rings a bell now, didn't known that the kool-aid saying came from that though. I remember hearing about a mass suicide though.
 
GrapeDrink.jpg
 
I remember my fraternity celebrated by having a Jonestown Party; we served Kool-aid spiked with Everclear. Some on campus thought we were 'insensitive' but mostly the party was a huge success.

You folks going to school now, under the thumb of political correctness, have no idea how much fun campus was when being offensive was not illegal.
 
He always looked like he was cracked out on pills. Sweaty clamy pale face and would ramble on and on.

Pretty cool that he got so many people to kill themselves though. What a manipulator. I was thinking of start my own religious cult, people are so dumb you could get them to do just about anything. I couldnt believe my own bullshit though.
 
Top Bottom