Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is there really a difference between natural peanut butter and skippy?

pump102

When you look at the back of natural peanut butter and skippy (or any other brand) the nutritional info is exactly the sam or very close. Both have the same amount of sugar and fat, so what is the difference? Why is natural PB better than skippy?

are you sure you have ALL NATURAL PEANUT BUTTER???? on the label of my peanut butter it says PEANUTS... NOTHING else...

skippy, kraft, jif, etc. are loaded with sugar, hydrogenated (trans) oils (which is disgusting, search the web for a bit of info but you'll regret that you did)... and sodium...

if you are speaking of the nutritional info, all natural peanut butter should be higher in fats (good monosat fats though) and lower in saturated fats

pump I would suggest looking at other natural peanut butters.

it doesn't sound as though yours is all that natural.

typically natural has much less sugar than skippy

'Natural' is used on labels by food manufacturers to convince people it is a good product. Check label ingredients to be sure exactly what you're getting. Health food stores sell fresh ground peanuts made into peanut butter - if grocers in your area do not carry it.
Big difference in quality without the salt, sugar & hydrogenated fat.

O.K. Guys, I just went and looked in the pantry. I use the smuckers all natural, I think. Ingredients are Peanuts, Salt.

Then I looked at a jar of Jiffy creamy. The ingredients listed were Peanuts and sugar. mainly molassas and some hydrogenated oils?

But, the sugar content was the same. 2g per serving. The nutritional value is nearly identical.

I positive I have all natural peanut butter. I have Adams peanut butter. it is just like all other natural PB's because it has all that oil on top when you open it.

I am saying exactly what human shell is saying.

Pump101 said:
I positive I have all natural peanut butter. I have Adams peanut butter. it is just like all other natural PB's because it has all that oil on top when you open it.

I am saying exactly what human shell is saying.

I am not sure if its is the same as yours, but i have an all natural brand in my house and Skippy 25% less fat PB, and they also have the same nutritional values...

So BUMP...also curious...

Natural Peanut butter tastes like shit and I am not saying I have tasted shit.......If your are going to cheat,cheat good and go with the real tasty one,a table spoon once in a while is good,or try this: 1 pound of chicken breast,peanut butter to taste,milk,garlic,pepper...first mix all the ingredients in a pan,when the peanut butter dissolves trow in the chicken breast and just wait for them to cook,if you like trow in some red pepper...mmmmm.:p

latinlover said:
Natural Peanut butter tastes like shit and I am not saying I have tasted shit.......If your are going to cheat,cheat good and go with the real tasty one,a table spoon once in a while is good,or try this: 1 pound of chicken breast,peanut butter to taste,milk,garlic,pepper...first mix all the ingredients in a pan,when the peanut butter dissolves trow in the chicken breast and just wait for them to cook,if you like trow in some red pepper...mmmmm.:p

All natural peanut butter is not cheating. We are trying to figure out if there is really a difference between the two. Not a flame just informing you.

Peace bro.
M56M

the big difference is

the trans fats, they are linked to all sorts of nasty stuff... search the web for hydrogenated oil/trans fats...

Top Bottom