Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

Is there more to life than relationships?

KillahBee

New member
I fucking hope so, cause I CANNOT STAND people. At first I thought it was just a stage I was going through, but it's going on a few years now. I seriously cannot stand anyone. Random, innocent chat is fine, but I have absolutely zero desire to know or be around anybody. Although I love my family dearly, I cannot stand to be around them for longer than a few minutes. I have not met a female in years that has interested me passed vaginal penetration. I can't even remember the last time I called up a friend to come by and hang out and watch TV or something - I would murder them within minutes. I have done everything possible to put up walls around me so I don't have to engage in small talk. I have no interest in other people's lives. In general, I view people my age as shallow, empty, insecure, pathetic, needy, common people with no heart and/or soul. I get angry when people ask me questions (i.e. "How was your weekend", "What are you doing this weekend", "What did you do over vacation") because I feel they are an invasion of my privacy - I don't want to fucking tell you, but if I don't answer then I seem like an asshole. I don't give a fuck about drinking, I don't give a fuck about the college I went to, I don't give a fuck about Britney Spears, I don't give a fuck about who is fingerbanging who in the office, I don't give a fuck about reality TV, I don't want to fucking argue about sports, I don't give a fuck about politics, I don't give a fuck about Lance Armstrong and his cancer, I don't give a fuck about your stupid fucking dog, I don't give a fuck about your fucking kid, I don't give a fuck about the fucking goddamn motherfucking weather, I don't give a fuck about the fucking girl lost in Aruba, I don't give a fuck about you.

And it's not like I am a miserable or mean person. I am funny as hell. I am the single reason people in my office don't kill themselves. I just have absolutely no use for the limited plane of communication that exists around me (at least, as I see it). I am really, really happy alone. And when I say alone, I mean alone. And everywhere I look I see people that are scared to death to be alone, people that need to forge these fake plastic relationships that consist of watching Real World and trading conspiracy theories on terrorism and Bush because they don't know what else they should/could be doing. And people probably look at someone like me and think I am sad. Fuck, I am happy as shit, except when I am forced to take part in your silly little game that you are too ignorant to see and too cowardly to break through.



So, how bout them Yankees?
 
I just said this this morning. My corworkers love to get together on weekends. Fuck that. I see these people (without me having any say in the matter) at least 40 hours a week. I don't even like most of them.

Then they tease me and say I'm bitch or "don't play well with others". But really, I love down time on my own. I spend most of my free time by myself or with my dog. My husband is gone a lot but even when he's home we're both kind of the same way and like to do our own things. I don't see a problem with that.

I love to be in the car. It's my quiet sanctuary where nobody bothers me. I rarely answer my cell. I don't keep my home phone plugged in. A perfect weekend for me involves pj's, good books, and quiet. Not to say that I don't like people at all. I do. But on my own terms.
 
Raina said:
Not to say that I don't like people at all. I do. But on my own terms.


and this is what I am struggling with. I know that I am a control freak, which is fine by me. I never question myself, I just go with my natural instincts. but I have to step back and wonder if I am being a child here - I only want to talk to people or be around people on my own terms. well guess what, that ain't gonna happen. so I either need to make a huge, painful concerted effort to at least fit into society a little, or just go with what I am doing now. I just don't want to look back on my life and regret not having relationships in my mid twenties. but on the other hand, I am not happy unless I am alone right now, so by forcing myself to be with others a) I will be miserable (unless I have some revelation/breakthrough) and b) I will be no better than everyone else who is forcing relationships so they will not be alone.
 
I dont think any of us on EF C&C are very social people..if we were we'd be out hanging with people on a friday night instead of being on here....As far as i can remember Ive been the same way you describe....my friends call me a Hermit cause I dont hang with them...but i just cant do it...i get so annoyed...so i just work go to the gym and hang out at home...and I masturbate furiously for about 2hrs a day...holy the burns you get from 2 hours of tuggin...lol
 
If I'm around other people and I don't want to be I'm just quiet because I can't be nice. My husband says it makes me come off as being aloof.

But almost every day I say "I hate EVERYONE- but you" to Jer.

I don't know if it's childish though. I think some people just enjoy time on their own.
 
I like to go out 1-2 times a month. But only with a few people-- my husband, my brother in law, my sister, and her bf. Everyone else can go to hell.
 
patsfan1379 said:
who did what to you to make you like this?

sounds like a chick burned ya.


that's another thing - I would welcome getting burned by a chick. I haven't been burned by a chick in a looong time cause I just don't get feelings for them (or haven't in a while). like a robot. oddly, I miss getting all geigh and vulnerable to a woman, cause it means you are alive and into someone. nothing made me do this, but I do get introspective at times. it passes, cause like I said, I am very happy right now.
 
i could stay in all weekend. i don't care if i don't leave the house- sometimes i actually hate having to leave. i'm perfectly happy reading or watching tv or building something by myself.
killah, there's nothing wrong with not being social. if you don't want to have a relationship with someone or be close to anyone in particular, don't be. do what makes you happy.

oh, and on a side note, you're only mildly funny.
 
KillahBee said:
that's another thing - I would welcome getting burned by a chick. I haven't been burned by a chick in a looong time cause I just don't get feelings for them (or haven't in a while). like a robot. oddly, I miss getting all geigh and vulnerable to a woman, cause it means you are alive and into someone. nothing made me do this, but I do get introspective at times. it passes, cause like I said, I am very happy right now.

dude, i have been through the same thing.

something happened, it was something. shitty friends burned you, girl burned you, parents burned you. coulda been years ago.

something happened. but who gives a fuck, its in the past.

i was in the same shit. but I snapped out of it after 3 months.

what you need to do is recognize (which you have) your issue. then you have to make a consious decision to change. when someone tells me people cant change, i laugh at them. if people knew me now, and then a year ago... they wouldnt believe it.

Two things.

1. No matter how fake, bullshit, gay or shallow you think other people... the bar scene etc. are, your gonna have to deal with it. Not only are you gonna have to deal with it you are gonna have to play along.

2. Get the fuck out of your house, you are obviously stuck. Everyone goes through this shit, look around you, how many 35 year old cynical shut ins do you know? You want to be one of them?

3. Dude, get over the parents thing. I felt the same way. Then my mom got cancer... You learn pretty quickly what is important in life after something like that.

OK 3 things.
 
stilleto said:
i could stay in all weekend. i don't care if i don't leave the house- sometimes i actually hate having to leave. i'm perfectly happy reading or watching tv or building something by myself.
killah, there's nothing wrong with not being social. if you don't want to have a relationship with someone or be close to anyone in particular, don't be. do what makes you happy.

oh, and on a side note, you're only mildly funny.

if sitting in your house by yourself for the rest of your life is your idea of "OK" then you are nuts!!

yes, there is something wrong with sitting in your house by yourself forever. thats a lame excuse for people who are too afraid to deal with real life.

take control of your life, be a man.

do it.
 
patsfan1379 said:
dude, i have been through the same thing.

something happened, it was something. shitty friends burned you, girl burned you, parents burned you. coulda been years ago.

something happened. but who gives a fuck, its in the past.

i was in the same shit. but I snapped out of it after 3 months.

what you need to do is recognize (which you have) your issue. then you have to make a consious decision to change. when someone tells me people cant change, i laugh at them. if people knew me now, and then a year ago... they wouldnt believe it.

Two things.

1. No matter how fake, bullshit, gay or shallow you think other people... the bar scene etc. are, your gonna have to deal with it. Not only are you gonna have to deal with it you are gonna have to play along.

2. Get the fuck out of your house, you are obviously stuck. Everyone goes through this shit, look around you, how many 35 year old cynical shut ins do you know? You want to be one of them?

3. Dude, get over the parents thing. I felt the same way. Then my mom got cancer... You learn pretty quickly what is important in life after something like that.

OK 3 things.

first, it wasn't anything. seriously - nothing. I think it's just from being around people my age, saying the same thing over and over and over. NO originality.

And you are right about the 3 things. And I have been making an effort to be in communication with my parents more - they are not getting any younger and gave up their lives do I could have mine - no second thoughts there. As I said, I am very very happy right now. And I am definitely not a shut in. It's weird though - I don't have many friends because I don't want them. I spend a lot of time and energy trying to deflect people trying to be my friend, for the love of God.
 
KB,

part of it is a phase. You're not comfortable enoug being yourself to consider involving yourself with other people. You're still finding out who you are.

You can tell me I am nuts or way off base, but

(1) I went through something similar

and

(2) most people go through this.

You don't hate everyone. You just don't have a lot of comfort with yourself yet, and that projects outward.
 
MattTheSkywalker said:
KB,

part of it is a phase. You're not comfortable enoug being yourself to consider involving yourself with other people. You're still finding out who you are.

You can tell me I am nuts or way off base, but

(1) I went through something similar

and

(2) most people go through this.

You don't hate everyone. You just don't have a lot of comfort with yourself yet, and that projects outward.

I can 100% see how you would come up with that, but (and maybe I am just being ignorant), but I really don't think that is it. What would you consider typical signs of someone my age not being comfortable with themselves? You see, I feel like everyone around me is not comfortable with themselves, hence the robotic conversation pieces, nobody ever veering off that road to engage in real conversations, connect on another level. I feel as though others need ANY connection out there because they are afraid of being alone (in various capacities) and I am just not here for that. I am 100% comfortable being by myself. I just don't want to be around others just for the sake of being around others. I want a real connection, which I just haven't found.
 
KillahBee said:
I can 100% see how you would come up with that, but (and maybe I am just being ignorant), but I really don't think that is it. What would you consider typical signs of someone my age not being comfortable with themselves? You see, I feel like everyone around me is not comfortable with themselves, hence the robotic conversation pieces, nobody ever veering off that road to engage in real conversations, connect on another level. I feel as though others need ANY connection out there because they are afraid of being alone (in various capacities) and I am just not here for that. I am 100% comfortable being by myself. I just don't want to be around others just for the sake of being around others. I want a real connection, which I just haven't found.


great point...that is exactly why i dont associate with allot of people...They cant do anything by themselves...Some people find comfort in having just anyone around and like you Im perfectly happy being by myself.
 
i agree with raina i must say in the past year i have gone out maybe 3 times....i am not one to go out, i do not like people....me and hubby go some where like a club or bar and i dont like to talk to people.....at my age you would find that odd but i think people annoy the hell out of me
 
patsfan1379 said:
if sitting in your house by yourself for the rest of your life is your idea of "OK" then you are nuts!!

yes, there is something wrong with sitting in your house by yourself forever. thats a lame excuse for people who are too afraid to deal with real life.

take control of your life, be a man.

do it.

a. i never said for the rest of my life. i do a LOT of things and the people that know me know my life is exceptionally full, which is why i like to stay in on the weekends.
b. I enjoy being by myself sometimes. i'm good company and i'm the most interesting person to ME that i know, but i still enjoy other people. i find most of them to be retarded.
c. i agree with matt that killah is probably going through a phase based on his age and that he'll snap out of it. killah is clearly not replying to my posts though so fuck him.
i mean that in the nicest of ways though.

what i meant was- if he doesn't enjoy people at the moment, don't force yourself to be with them. do what makes you happy. thats all.
 
KillahBee said:
I can 100% see how you would come up with that, but (and maybe I am just being ignorant), but I really don't think that is it. What would you consider typical signs of someone my age not being comfortable with themselves? You see, I feel like everyone around me is not comfortable with themselves, hence the robotic conversation pieces, nobody ever veering off that road to engage in real conversations, connect on another level. I feel as though others need ANY connection out there because they are afraid of being alone (in various capacities) and I am just not here for that. I am 100% comfortable being by myself. I just don't want to be around others just for the sake of being around others. I want a real connection, which I just haven't found.

Bor, I am just sharing one opinion. Just keep it in the back of your mind.

In other news, a "real" connection is hard to find.

I'e had just a few as an adult

-one girl in college that was my best friend at the time. This was 10 years ago, we still talk sometimes. We lost touch when I was in the army, she married a dork. But a nice dork at least.

-two guys I was friends with in the Army; we're still friends, still talk, still hang out

-the guy I work with

-one other girl I know now, that I would marry if not for an age difference that just doesn't make it feasible. But we hang out a lot and talk all the time.

So that's...let's see...five, and that's in 12 years of "adulthood" where I've livde and traveled all over and met many, many people.

All of them took time to develop, to get to know these people. I love them all and I am lucky to have them. But if I thought the way you are right now, I'd have missed them all.

Look inward first, then understand that connections are rare, and usually take some time. While I liked all 5 of these people when we first met, there is a "getting to know someone" process that takes time, and you must allow for that time before you start having meaningful interactions and real conversation.

You're never going to get there if you pick everyone's nits.
 
MattTheSkywalker said:
Bor, I am just sharing one opinion. Just keep it in the back of your mind.

In other news, a "real" connection is hard to find.

I'e had just a few as an adult

-one girl in college that was my best friend at the time. This was 10 years ago, we still talk sometimes. We lost touch when I was in the army, she married a dork. But a nice dork at least.

-two guys I was friends with in the Army; we're still friends, still talk, still hang out

-the guy I work with

-one other girl I know now, that I would marry if not for an age difference that just doesn't make it feasible. But we hang out a lot and talk all the time.

So that's...let's see...five, and that's in 12 years of "adulthood" where I've livde and traveled all over and met many, many people.

All of them took time to develop, to get to know these people. I love them all and I am lucky to have them. But if I thought the way you are right now, I'd have missed them all.

Look inward first, then understand that connections are rare, and usually take some time. While I liked all 5 of these people when we first met, there is a "getting to know someone" process that takes time, and you must allow for that time before you start having meaningful interactions and real conversation.

You're never going to get there if you pick everyone's nits.

My friend, I am always open to hearing anyone's opinion. I do agree with your last sentence though and that is why I made this thread.
 
stilleto said:
a. i never said for the rest of my life. i do a LOT of things and the people that know me know my life is exceptionally full, which is why i like to stay in on the weekends.
b. I enjoy being by myself sometimes. i'm good company and i'm the most interesting person to ME that i know, but i still enjoy other people. i find most of them to be retarded.
c. i agree with matt that killah is probably going through a phase based on his age and that he'll snap out of it. killah is clearly not replying to my posts though so fuck him.
i mean that in the nicest of ways though.

what i meant was- if he doesn't enjoy people at the moment, don't force yourself to be with them. do what makes you happy. thats all.


hey ho, I had you on ignore. As I said, I am very very happy right now. Truly happy. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't do some self-evaluating from time to time. I am not going to force myself to be around people I do not want to be around. But I also don't want to 100% shut myself off so that I will miss any oppty to connect with anyone.
 
OMEGA said:
I hate to say this

but don't let the "dark side " flow to strongly in you

these people while imperfect and maybe "week" probably mean well, and the fact that they chat with you is some type of good thing

maybe they are lonely, maybe they are week, maybe they have made mistakes, maybe they are afraid and insecure

but will you turn your back on them? when they come to you for company ?, or will you try to be a friend or at least understanding?

save your ammunition for the true enemies in this world, and don't let your anger against them hurt the innocent

this is a great post
 
I hate to say this

but don't let the "dark side " flow to strongly in you

these people while imperfect and maybe "week" probably mean well, and the fact that they chat with you is some type of good thing

maybe they are lonely, maybe they are week, maybe they have made mistakes, maybe they are afraid and insecure

but will you turn your back on them? when they come to you for company ?, or will you try to be a friend or at least understanding?

save your ammunition for the true enemies in this world, and don't let your anger against them hurt the innocent
 
KillahBee said:
hey ho, I had you on ignore. As I said, I am very very happy right now. Truly happy. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't do some self-evaluating from time to time. I am not going to force myself to be around people I do not want to be around. But I also don't want to 100% shut myself off so that I will miss any oppty to connect with anyone.

thanks bitch.
you shut yourself off to protect yourself. we all do it.
personally, i see nothing wrong with being a loner if you're happy. if you do find you want to connect to people though, nighclubs and bars isn't where you're going to find people that peak your interest and the people you work with probably get on your nerves way too much just by the amount of time you are required to spend with them.
find people with similar interests. you don't have to care about them- you won't even know them enough to care, just don't shut them off as being unworthy before you get to know them. i know you're not one of these guys who's all full of themselves, so i know you know that people can teach you things without even trying. let yourself be open to learning.
 
Killah, it sounds like you are way too analytical. Or border-line self-conscious.
But, in all seriousness if you are fuckin happy, go with it bor. Some people are never going to be happy or have to take medication for it. For God's Sake man, enjoy be single and alone while you can. As soon as you are ready for companionship, you'll know it's time.
Fuggin' Yankees ruled last night. HOLLA :Chef: :tuc:
 
KillahBee said:
this is a great post


your words show that you are smart, and they show that you are very aware of things

don't let this awarness cloud your mind and your heart, if you can see the lies, and misguidence then edure the burden of knowledge of a truth and try to help those that need help when blind

and don't be angry at them in the process of helping them, just be patient.
the good of them will come around in time,and they will thank you

though people must claim responsibility for their own thoughts and actions, many at first are led astray ....
 
chefbone said:
Killah, it sounds like you are way too analytical. Or border-line self-conscious.
But, in all seriousness if you are fuckin happy, go with it bor. Some people are never going to be happy or have to take medication for it. For God's Sake man, enjoy be single and alone while you can. As soon as you are ready for companionship, you'll know it's time.
Fuggin' Yankees ruled last night. HOLLA :Chef: :tuc:


definitely not self conscious.

definitely way too analytical.
 
killahbee, after shacking in dense Rhode Island swampland for many years




unabomber.jpg
 
That's what life is all about. No man is an Island. Didn't you see the movie with Tom Hanks?
 
Life is what you make of it, the important thing is that you make of it what you WANT to make of it. If you are happy alone and staying in, then do that and be happy. Most people go out to bars and clubs because they are single and can't stand it, they hate being alone and can't find things to spend their time on by themselves.

I'm not like this at all, you could say I'm a more social version of you Killah in that I have no problem spending a Saturday night by myself at home, but I also can have a blast hanging out in a bar with friends and strangers. Though lately some of my best weekends have been just me on the Harley out sightseeing or exploring new roads and places by myself.
 
KillahBee said:
I fucking hope so, cause I CANNOT STAND people. At first I thought it was just a stage I was going through, but it's going on a few years now. I seriously cannot stand anyone. Random, innocent chat is fine, but I have absolutely zero desire to know or be around anybody. Although I love my family dearly, I cannot stand to be around them for longer than a few minutes. I have not met a female in years that has interested me passed vaginal penetration. I can't even remember the last time I called up a friend to come by and hang out and watch TV or something - I would murder them within minutes. I have done everything possible to put up walls around me so I don't have to engage in small talk. I have no interest in other people's lives. In general, I view people my age as shallow, empty, insecure, pathetic, needy, common people with no heart and/or soul. I get angry when people ask me questions (i.e. "How was your weekend", "What are you doing this weekend", "What did you do over vacation") because I feel they are an invasion of my privacy - I don't want to fucking tell you, but if I don't answer then I seem like an asshole. I don't give a fuck about drinking, I don't give a fuck about the college I went to, I don't give a fuck about Britney Spears, I don't give a fuck about who is fingerbanging who in the office, I don't give a fuck about reality TV, I don't want to fucking argue about sports, I don't give a fuck about politics, I don't give a fuck about Lance Armstrong and his cancer, I don't give a fuck about your stupid fucking dog, I don't give a fuck about your fucking kid, I don't give a fuck about the fucking goddamn motherfucking weather, I don't give a fuck about the fucking girl lost in Aruba, I don't give a fuck about you.

And it's not like I am a miserable or mean person. I am funny as hell. I am the single reason people in my office don't kill themselves. I just have absolutely no use for the limited plane of communication that exists around me (at least, as I see it). I am really, really happy alone. And when I say alone, I mean alone. And everywhere I look I see people that are scared to death to be alone, people that need to forge these fake plastic relationships that consist of watching Real World and trading conspiracy theories on terrorism and Bush because they don't know what else they should/could be doing. And people probably look at someone like me and think I am sad. Fuck, I am happy as shit, except when I am forced to take part in your silly little game that you are too ignorant to see and too cowardly to break through.



So, how bout them Yankees?
this explains why you didn't call while in SD.
 
I enjoy relationships with people very much. Friend, family, girlfriend, etc. I like to share experiences with others.

Having said that, I'm also very independant, and like having "down time" time that I can just do whatever the hell I want and not have to worry about anything else. I don't like this all the time, but every once in a while I need it.
 
KillahBee said:
lol. nah, meeting an EF person in real life would at least be interesting for a while.
yah bro, it wasn't gonna be some super long all day deal.. fuggin A
 
KillahBee said:
I fucking hope so, cause I CANNOT STAND people. At first I thought it was just a stage I was going through, but it's going on a few years now. I seriously cannot stand anyone. Random, innocent chat is fine, but I have absolutely zero desire to know or be around anybody. Although I love my family dearly, I cannot stand to be around them for longer than a few minutes. I have not met a female in years that has interested me passed vaginal penetration. I can't even remember the last time I called up a friend to come by and hang out and watch TV or something - I would murder them within minutes. I have done everything possible to put up walls around me so I don't have to engage in small talk. I have no interest in other people's lives. In general, I view people my age as shallow, empty, insecure, pathetic, needy, common people with no heart and/or soul. I get angry when people ask me questions (i.e. "How was your weekend", "What are you doing this weekend", "What did you do over vacation") because I feel they are an invasion of my privacy - I don't want to fucking tell you, but if I don't answer then I seem like an asshole. I don't give a fuck about drinking, I don't give a fuck about the college I went to, I don't give a fuck about Britney Spears, I don't give a fuck about who is fingerbanging who in the office, I don't give a fuck about reality TV, I don't want to fucking argue about sports, I don't give a fuck about politics, I don't give a fuck about Lance Armstrong and his cancer, I don't give a fuck about your stupid fucking dog, I don't give a fuck about your fucking kid, I don't give a fuck about the fucking goddamn motherfucking weather, I don't give a fuck about the fucking girl lost in Aruba, I don't give a fuck about you.

And it's not like I am a miserable or mean person. I am funny as hell. I am the single reason people in my office don't kill themselves. I just have absolutely no use for the limited plane of communication that exists around me (at least, as I see it). I am really, really happy alone. And when I say alone, I mean alone. And everywhere I look I see people that are scared to death to be alone, people that need to forge these fake plastic relationships that consist of watching Real World and trading conspiracy theories on terrorism and Bush because they don't know what else they should/could be doing. And people probably look at someone like me and think I am sad. Fuck, I am happy as shit, except when I am forced to take part in your silly little game that you are too ignorant to see and too cowardly to break through.



So, how bout them Yankees?



All I said was good morning.....WTF?
 
KillahBee said:
I fucking hope so, cause I CANNOT STAND people.


So, how bout them Yankees?


This is the reason I live alone and have for years, I don't date, I don't typically talk with people I don't already know. I will refuse to answer peoples inquiries into my life when I want. I have no real care for the feelings of others and all in all am quite anti-social. Someday I will move out into the wilderness and live alone until I die or a bear uses me as dinner.

The yankees suck, just not as much as the rockies.

Cheers,
Scotsman
 
KillahBee said:
I fucking hope so, cause I CANNOT STAND people. At first I thought it was just a stage I was going through, but it's going on a few years now. I seriously cannot stand anyone. Random, innocent chat is fine, but I have absolutely zero desire to know or be around anybody. Although I love my family dearly, I cannot stand to be around them for longer than a few minutes. I have not met a female in years that has interested me passed vaginal penetration. I can't even remember the last time I called up a friend to come by and hang out and watch TV or something - I would murder them within minutes. I have done everything possible to put up walls around me so I don't have to engage in small talk. I have no interest in other people's lives. In general, I view people my age as shallow, empty, insecure, pathetic, needy, common people with no heart and/or soul. I get angry when people ask me questions (i.e. "How was your weekend", "What are you doing this weekend", "What did you do over vacation") because I feel they are an invasion of my privacy - I don't want to fucking tell you, but if I don't answer then I seem like an asshole. I don't give a fuck about drinking, I don't give a fuck about the college I went to, I don't give a fuck about Britney Spears, I don't give a fuck about who is fingerbanging who in the office, I don't give a fuck about reality TV, I don't want to fucking argue about sports, I don't give a fuck about politics, I don't give a fuck about Lance Armstrong and his cancer, I don't give a fuck about your stupid fucking dog, I don't give a fuck about your fucking kid, I don't give a fuck about the fucking goddamn motherfucking weather, I don't give a fuck about the fucking girl lost in Aruba, I don't give a fuck about you.

And it's not like I am a miserable or mean person. I am funny as hell. I am the single reason people in my office don't kill themselves. I just have absolutely no use for the limited plane of communication that exists around me (at least, as I see it). I am really, really happy alone. And when I say alone, I mean alone. And everywhere I look I see people that are scared to death to be alone, people that need to forge these fake plastic relationships that consist of watching Real World and trading conspiracy theories on terrorism and Bush because they don't know what else they should/could be doing. And people probably look at someone like me and think I am sad. Fuck, I am happy as shit, except when I am forced to take part in your silly little game that you are too ignorant to see and too cowardly to break through.



So, how bout them Yankees?

i read this same exact post off another board. its actually word for word

nice copy and paste.
 
MattTheSkywalker said:
KB,

part of it is a phase. You're not comfortable enoug being yourself to consider involving yourself with other people. You're still finding out who you are.

You can tell me I am nuts or way off base, but

(1) I went through something similar

and

(2) most people go through this.

You don't hate everyone. You just don't have a lot of comfort with yourself yet, and that projects outward.


As per usual you make some really great points Matt.

For me I don't think it is a phase as it is going on about 14 years of me not liking to be around people. I am now totally comfortable with myself (though it took a long time to be so) I just prefer being alone and not around people. I seriously could move off into the wilderness and never see another person again and be totally content. I have never been more miserable in my life then when I tried to be around people a lot and was dating. Now that I am alone most of the time and don't give women the time of day I am the happiest I have ever been.

Not sure what my point is but maybe KB and I are a lot alike and he'll end up the same way I am.

Cheers,
Scotsman
 
Scotsman said:
As per usual you make some really great points Matt.

For me I don't think it is a phase as it is going on about 14 years of me not liking to be around people. I am now totally comfortable with myself (though it took a long time to be so) I just prefer being alone and not around people. I seriously could move off into the wilderness and never see another person again and be totally content. I have never been more miserable in my life then when I tried to be around people a lot and was dating. Now that I am alone most of the time and don't give women the time of day I am the happiest I have ever been.

Not sure what my point is but maybe KB and I are a lot alike and he'll end up the same way I am.

Cheers,
Scotsman


I'd bet you my left nut if you met the right girl you would change your tune.
 
patsfan1379 said:
I'd bet you my left nut if you met the right girl you would change your tune.


Doubtful, since I won't even talk to women, I honestly and truthfully have no interest in dating/relationships/marriage. My friends have been saying that for about ten years now and so far to no avail. I have always been a loner, even when I was a kid I prefered to be alone, my parents just accepted it and let me do my thing.

Just because you want to have people around doesn't mean others need to man. You have to accept that some people are just meant to be alone.

Cheers,
Scotsman
 
Dunk Corleone said:
i read this same exact post off another board. its actually word for word

nice copy and paste.


yes, my screenname is washboardabsjustlikejustintimberlake4u on that board.
 
Most people out there lead boring uneventful meaningless lives.

but that doesn't mean they're bad people at heart. Still lotsa cool peeps out there, and always go into every new friendship with an open mind. Being closed-off doesn't do you any justice.

Met a lot of great people this way. Some of whom, yes, lead very boring dull lives that lead to dull boring conversations.
 
It was a long phase for me. I was a loner/ugly duckling/geek as a child and teenager. As and adult, I've always been a loner. I'm the woman at the bar eating dinner and is okay with that. Or on a train heading to some destination for a weekend vacation, alone, and I'm okay with that. However, I'm ready to start inviting people into my life. I want to be open and express who I am to the world. Of course, this required me getting comfortable with being myself again. The ATL meet-up was the first "social" thing for me in years. I look forward to doing more things like that while continuing to be comfortable with being alone. Do I expect to make a connection with every person I interact with - No. But, I do cherish the time I spend getting to know and interacting with that person.
 
nycgirl said:
It was a long phase for me. I was a loner/ugly duckling/geek as a child and teenager. As and adult, I've always been a loner. I'm the woman at the bar eating dinner and is okay with that. Or on a train heading to some destination for a weekend vacation, alone, and I'm okay with that. However, I'm ready to start inviting people into my life. I want to be open and express who I am to the world. Of course, this required me getting comfortable with being myself again. The ATL meet-up was the first "social" thing for me in years. I look forward to doing more things like that while continuing to be comfortable with being alone. Do I expect to make a connection with every person I interact with - No. But, I do cherish the time I spend getting to know and interacting with that person.


see, I'm almost the opposite. was always the loud, popular, life of the party guy. I still am loud and very personable, but I just don't see much value in relationships, as they all bore me and irritate me now. I have become a loner.
 
nycgirl said:
It was a long phase for me. I was a loner/ugly duckling/geek as a child and teenager. As and adult, I've always been a loner. I'm the woman at the bar eating dinner and is okay with that. Or on a train heading to some destination for a weekend vacation, alone, and I'm okay with that. However, I'm ready to start inviting people into my life. I want to be open and express who I am to the world. Of course, this required me getting comfortable with being myself again. The ATL meet-up was the first "social" thing for me in years. I look forward to doing more things like that while continuing to be comfortable with being alone. Do I expect to make a connection with every person I interact with - No. But, I do cherish the time I spend getting to know and interacting with that person.
that is really cool that an EF meetup was kind of the start of all these good things to come!
 
KillahBee said:
see, I'm almost the opposite. was always the loud, popular, life of the party guy. I still am loud and very personable, but I just don't see much value in relationships, as they all bore me and irritate me now. I have become a loner.

There is nothing wrong with being a loner. In lieu of going to a club/bar, use that time to invest in yourself. Take more trips - 3 day weekends along the East Coast are pretty cheap. I did something similar to your San Diego trip. I went to Disney World by myself a few years ago to clear my head. While on the train (from NYC to Orlando) I had some interesting conversations with interesting people. I met people at the hotel bar and had drinks and dinner w/ complete strangers. It was awesome. I have a feeling it is just a phase for you. Use this time to learn about yourself. You will figure out the type of people you will want to be around (even if it is only for one day).

FYI - There is nothing wrong with not having a Significant Other. I ended my first serious relationship this year (we met when I was 25!). Everything before that were just flings/situations. Do I want to feel giddy again - Yes. But, it will take time. I rather have a friendship develop into something then go out and date (I hate dating). And if it doesn't, fine. I'm more than okay with being alone right now. In fact, I'm using this time to do things I've been putting off for years - like getting my driver's license. :rolleyes:
 
Scotsman said:
Doubtful, since I won't even talk to women, I honestly and truthfully have no interest in dating/relationships/marriage. My friends have been saying that for about ten years now and so far to no avail. I have always been a loner, even when I was a kid I prefered to be alone, my parents just accepted it and let me do my thing.

Just because you want to have people around doesn't mean others need to man. You have to accept that some people are just meant to be alone.

Cheers,
Scotsman

Hey, I respect your stance. But still I have to disagree. Human instinct. Animal Instinct wants nothing more than to mate.

1. Eat
2. Sleep
3. Shit
4. Fuck

Thats it man. Thats it.
 
Amount of times I've hit Wootoom in the last couple days... 3.
Amount of times Wootoom has hit me.... 1

Screw you and your crooked driveway.
 
Killah, I was with you until the part about not caring about Britney Spears.

But the rest, I'm basically the same, cept I play the club/social game minimally for the nookie.

At my old job (very straight laced and conservative), everybody used to get together once or twice a month at house parties & I'd never go. Somebody asked me why once and I told them honestly that "....I hate these people, I don't even want to work with them, I'm not going to fucking party with them on the weekends"

p.s. Not being able to suffer fools gladly is an unfortunate side effect of higher intelligence, so wear it like a badge of honor.
-
 
Mavafanculo said:
Killah, I was with you until the part about not caring about Britney Spears.

But the rest, I'm basically the same, cept I play the club/social game minimally for the nookie.

At my old job (very straight laced and conservative), everybody used to get together once or twice a month at house parties & I'd never go. Somebody asked me why once and I told them honestly that "....I hate these people, I don't even want to work with them, I'm not going to fucking party with them on the weekends"

p.s. Not being able to suffer fools gladly is an unfortunate side effect of higher intelligence, so wear it like a badge of honor.
-


What is better about intelligence maing? I find that the smarter the person, the more anti-social, neurotic, unhappy and overly cynical they are.

I would rather enjoy ignorance.

Knowledge is not power, ultimately knowledge will destroy humanity.
 
I like my space,but at the same time I like to have a chick to bang whenever I want and come with me to the movies. therefore..the need for a girlfriend.
 
patsfan1379 said:
Hey, I respect your stance. But still I have to disagree. Human instinct. Animal Instinct wants nothing more than to mate.

1. Eat
2. Sleep
3. Shit
4. Fuck

Thats it man. Thats it.


I hear what your saying man, and I understand that it's normal human nature, but I'm not exactly a normal person.LOL

And I'd rather replace #4 with lift weights.

Cheers,
Scotsman
 
Scotsman said:
I hear what your saying man, and I understand that it's normal human nature, but I'm not exactly a normal person.LOL

And I'd rather replace #4 with lift weights.

Cheers,
Scotsman

The only reason I say this is because I was in the same boat as you guys.

Find a chick. Treat her like a queen. Let her fuck your brains out. Report back to me after a year.
 
patsfan1379 said:
The only reason I say this is because I was in the same boat as you guys.

Find a chick. Treat her like a queen. Let her fuck your brains out. Report back to me after a year.


Honestly this doesn't interest me at all. If it ever does I will but for now I am happy being alone and am going to stay that way. And since 30 is rapidly approaching I don't think it's anything to do with being young and not knowing life and all that.

This isn't a boat I am in it's not like I got burned by somebody and am not wanting that to happen again. I have always been this way and probably always will. Even when I have had a girlfriend I didn't want to spend much time with her, I like to be on my own, this is what killed the relationship because I don't like to be around other people very much, and it's hard for women to grasp that it isn't because I don't like them it's that I can't be around anyone for long periods of time.

Cheers,
Scotsman
 
Scotsman said:
Honestly this doesn't interest me at all. If it ever does I will but for now I am happy being alone and am going to stay that way. And since 30 is rapidly approaching I don't think it's anything to do with being young and not knowing life and all that.

This isn't a boat I am in it's not like I got burned by somebody and am not wanting that to happen again. I have always been this way and probably always will. Even when I have had a girlfriend I didn't want to spend much time with her, I like to be on my own, this is what killed the relationship because I don't like to be around other people very much, and it's hard for women to grasp that it isn't because I don't like them it's that I can't be around anyone for long periods of time.

Cheers,
Scotsman


dude you must spank it ALOT!!!

;) ;) ;)
 
KillahBee said:
and this is what I am struggling with. I know that I am a control freak, which is fine by me. I never question myself, I just go with my natural instincts. but I have to step back and wonder if I am being a child here - I only want to talk to people or be around people on my own terms. well guess what, that ain't gonna happen. so I either need to make a huge, painful concerted effort to at least fit into society a little, or just go with what I am doing now. I just don't want to look back on my life and regret not having relationships in my mid twenties. but on the other hand, I am not happy unless I am alone right now, so by forcing myself to be with others a) I will be miserable (unless I have some revelation/breakthrough) and b) I will be no better than everyone else who is forcing relationships so they will not be alone.

Hey, not dissing, here Killah, you are still young, right, mid 20s? A lot of wisdom and thoughts went to your posts...Don't look at people you meet as potential relationships, look at it as discovery...find new interests, expand your horizon just a bit...take a quick trip somewhere new, doesn't have to be the other end of the world, just make yourself happy...I am not talking about being goofy and making the rest of the world, I'm talking about making yourself feel good, man...

Just venture out, you'll be amazed to see what happens when you get out of the everyday bull..

BTW, I have friends in their 30s who are just coming around to hte thought of maybe sticking with one girl, takes more time with some than others...don't rush yourself, you'll come out of the funk...

I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A bird may fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.
 
patsfan1379 said:
What is better about intelligence maing? I find that the smarter the person, the more anti-social, neurotic, unhappy and overly cynical they are.

I would rather enjoy ignorance.

Knowledge is not power, ultimately knowledge will destroy humanity.


very intetresting insight

I am not sure I agree but its interesting
 
KillahBee said:
I fucking hope so, cause I CANNOT STAND people. At first I thought it was just a stage I was going through, but it's going on a few years now. I seriously cannot stand anyone. Random, innocent chat is fine, but I have absolutely zero desire to know or be around anybody. Although I love my family dearly, I cannot stand to be around them for longer than a few minutes. I have not met a female in years that has interested me passed vaginal penetration. I can't even remember the last time I called up a friend to come by and hang out and watch TV or something - I would murder them within minutes. I have done everything possible to put up walls around me so I don't have to engage in small talk. I have no interest in other people's lives. In general, I view people my age as shallow, empty, insecure, pathetic, needy, common people with no heart and/or soul. I get angry when people ask me questions (i.e. "How was your weekend", "What are you doing this weekend", "What did you do over vacation") because I feel they are an invasion of my privacy - I don't want to fucking tell you, but if I don't answer then I seem like an asshole. I don't give a fuck about drinking, I don't give a fuck about the college I went to, I don't give a fuck about Britney Spears, I don't give a fuck about who is fingerbanging who in the office, I don't give a fuck about reality TV, I don't want to fucking argue about sports, I don't give a fuck about politics, I don't give a fuck about Lance Armstrong and his cancer, I don't give a fuck about your stupid fucking dog, I don't give a fuck about your fucking kid, I don't give a fuck about the fucking goddamn motherfucking weather, I don't give a fuck about the fucking girl lost in Aruba, I don't give a fuck about you.

And it's not like I am a miserable or mean person. I am funny as hell. I am the single reason people in my office don't kill themselves. I just have absolutely no use for the limited plane of communication that exists around me (at least, as I see it). I am really, really happy alone. And when I say alone, I mean alone. And everywhere I look I see people that are scared to death to be alone, people that need to forge these fake plastic relationships that consist of watching Real World and trading conspiracy theories on terrorism and Bush because they don't know what else they should/could be doing. And people probably look at someone like me and think I am sad. Fuck, I am happy as shit, except when I am forced to take part in your silly little game that you are too ignorant to see and too cowardly to break through.



So, how bout them Yankees?


:lmao: exactly. All in all, insecure boys need attention to be happy, while real men could take it or leave it with a smile on their face. Sadly, there seem to be too few of the latter these days.
 
KillahBee said:
I fucking hope so, cause I CANNOT STAND people. At first I thought it was just a stage I was going through, but it's going on a few years now. I seriously cannot stand anyone. Random, innocent chat is fine, but I have absolutely zero desire to know or be around anybody. Although I love my family dearly, I cannot stand to be around them for longer than a few minutes. I have not met a female in years that has interested me passed vaginal penetration. I can't even remember the last time I called up a friend to come by and hang out and watch TV or something - I would murder them within minutes. I have done everything possible to put up walls around me so I don't have to engage in small talk. I have no interest in other people's lives. In general, I view people my age as shallow, empty, insecure, pathetic, needy, common people with no heart and/or soul. I get angry when people ask me questions (i.e. "How was your weekend", "What are you doing this weekend", "What did you do over vacation") because I feel they are an invasion of my privacy - I don't want to fucking tell you, but if I don't answer then I seem like an asshole. I don't give a fuck about drinking, I don't give a fuck about the college I went to, I don't give a fuck about Britney Spears, I don't give a fuck about who is fingerbanging who in the office, I don't give a fuck about reality TV, I don't want to fucking argue about sports, I don't give a fuck about politics, I don't give a fuck about Lance Armstrong and his cancer, I don't give a fuck about your stupid fucking dog, I don't give a fuck about your fucking kid, I don't give a fuck about the fucking goddamn motherfucking weather, I don't give a fuck about the fucking girl lost in Aruba, I don't give a fuck about you.

And it's not like I am a miserable or mean person. I am funny as hell. I am the single reason people in my office don't kill themselves. I just have absolutely no use for the limited plane of communication that exists around me (at least, as I see it). I am really, really happy alone. And when I say alone, I mean alone. And everywhere I look I see people that are scared to death to be alone, people that need to forge these fake plastic relationships that consist of watching Real World and trading conspiracy theories on terrorism and Bush because they don't know what else they should/could be doing. And people probably look at someone like me and think I am sad. Fuck, I am happy as shit, except when I am forced to take part in your silly little game that you are too ignorant to see and too cowardly to break through.



So, how bout them Yankees?
Yanks pulled it out in the 9th.
 
KillahBee said:
not sure I understand this. mellowed since when?

also, Giambi is God.
yesterday. Giambi has kept me in K with the bookies. Matsui had the game winning knock.
 
HumanTarget said:
yesterday. Giambi has kept me in K with the bookies. Matsui had the game winning knock.


oh. wasn't necessarily pissed or anything yesterday. I get random bouts of introspection and self-evaluation. just to keep myself in check. I also hadn't masturbated for over 36 straight hours - a torturous journey I would not wish upon my worst enemy.
 
KillahBee said:
oh. wasn't necessarily pissed or anything yesterday. I get random bouts of introspection and self-evaluation. just to keep myself in check. I also hadn't masturbated for over 36 straight hours - a torturous journey I would not wish upon my worst enemy.
i do more ball handling than Larry Bird.
 
patsfan1379 said:
I'd bet you my left nut if you met the right girl you would change your tune.


How long does it take one to know if she's the "right girl"? People will always know themselves better than they'll ever know anyone else. However, we can also learn about ourselves through others if we keep an open mind.....which, in a nutshell, is it. The world will always turn the same way; we can either run with it or against it, but must be able to live with our decisions.
 
Top Bottom