Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is my routine overtraining?

Just a simple question. I have read that you don't need to workout each body part more than once a week, but see others doing a weekly routine similar to mine. Can someone tell me if I am surely overtraining with a regime like this, and would benefit from changing it?

I started lifting 3 months ago but have only had access to a quality gym where I have been able to start nuking my muscles for the past 2-3 weeks. I am 28 years old, 6 feet and roughly 175 lbs.

I generally do these routines, and do 3-4 sets with 8 reps for all of them:

Day 1: Chest, Back
db bench
db fly's
incline bench
incline fly's
decline bench

lat pulldown
cable pull
db lift (from the side)
chin ups (assisted)

Day 2: Triceps, Biceps, Shoulders
Shoulder press
db straight arm raises
lateral raises/reverse delt raises (not sure what these are, it is essentially like reverse fly's)

closed grip bench
rope pull down
single arm cable pulldown
dips

db hammer curl
reverse grip curls (w/ one bar)
seated curls (w/ 1 bar)

Day 3: Break

Repeat

Thank you!

why dont you do legs ?? I will add 1 day for legs , and
do monday : pushing
tues : pulling
wed : legs

judging by your stats, I will answer, YES. Too much volume. You don't need to do db bench, db flys, incline bench, incline flys, decline bench. Pick one. What about flat bench?

You want to do two days in a row, then rest one day and do your same workout two more days in a row? Horrible idea. Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and work your legs.

Where's the deadlift? Squat? Barbell Bench? You can forget about making big gains until you get your thigh/back musculature growing. Don't skip the deads and squats!! Working chest, delts, tri’s, and biceps works approximately 10% of your overall lean body mass. Heavy deadlifts and squats (not necessarily at the same time) works more like 70% of your musculature at once and sends a STRONG message to your body to GET GROWING NOW!

And eat a lot. I mean eat...a LOT! Like eat every couple hours. 2+ grams of protein per pound of body weight. Plenty of good fats and carbs.

i have the same question i didn't make a new post donno why so i thought id just post here lol
well this guy that works at my gym, he kinda trains me, and i workout with him sometimes, hes around 48 been lifting for 15 years
im 20 5'10 170lbs n he says i should do lots of sets per muscle..
exampl today we did traps/shoulders, around 7 exercises, 35 sets i think
well i guess thats ok right?

Top Bottom