Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is Homosexuality A Perversion Of God's Will???

huntmaster said:
smalls--

I am really not as unpersonable as I may seeem---its just been a long day of work and school and dealing with musclebrains on a thread that asked for oppinions---I gave mine and it turned into "hey buddy you are stepping on my feet and grinding."

Your poor little Biblical literalist. It'd all be fine if you didn't have to deal with me after a hard day of school and work. You think you got problems! I spend a fair portion of nearly every day listening to young people who are miserable and often suicidal because they have to spend their lives among people who want to deprive them of life's most beautiful experience. How do you think *I* feel after a hard day of work, coming on here and reading your "opinions"? Huh?

Yeah, to tell someone that the way they love is sinful -- and love is the most fundamental pleasure and world-making experience of life -- is "stepping on my feet." Why do you think you should be able to state an opinion that condemns people for the way they love and not produce a reaction? And please don't pull out your silly rhetorical flim-flam about loving the sinner. I'm well aware of the consequences, in your world, of sin...which, in my case and in the case of five percent of the population, is equal to love. Sorry, folks! For some people, the cost of love is....hell! But we loooooove YOU, even if we don't want you to LOVE anyone yourself!

I think it really goes something like this: "The way you love is a sin. I hate your sin. But, because Jesus told me I should, I love YOU. Nevertheless, the way you love is, like all unrepented sin, going to cost you eternally. Nothing personal. I didn't make the rules. God did. And the rules are in the Bible -- well, they are in the Bible *I* read. Of course, I ignore many of the sillier Levitican rules myself, because, well, you know, they, um...they're, um, culture-bound to their time and we're wiser now, but, um, of course, this one about sodomy and shit is still valid...because, um, God told me so in a personal conversation."

I'll repeat myself. Gay people want the freedom to love without fear and recrimination. You want to regulate people's freedom to love. and you have the balls to say you're doing it on God's behalf.

King James- 1Kings 14:24: "And there were also sodomites in the land: and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the Lord cast out before the children of Israel. The New King James Version translates sodomite as "perverted persons."
In both cases, the words sodom/sodomite (which more likely had to do bestiality until recently) in the King James bible are mistranslations of the Hebrew word KADASH, plural KADESHIM. Got it?
Ok,let's assume it IS a mistranslation and the word referes to perversion or bestiality.What then qualifies as a perversion?Do you then think homosexuality was an accepted practice?I don't think so!

CRNT93 said:

Ok,let's assume it IS a mistranslation and the word referes to perversion or bestiality.What then qualifies as a perversion?Do you then think homosexuality was an accepted practice?I don't think so!

i didn't see the greeks or romans complaining...

CRNT93 said:

my point, which you have *utterly* ignored is that the post you are referring to was in response to your post which said:

CRNT93 said:
This is just plain wrong.I bet you never even read the OT or did any research into this.I doubt any bible expert would agree with what you said.You could ask a jew or a christian bible scholar,doesn't matter.

I guess you're not willing to admit that I *have* done some reading, much of it the work of *Christian* scholars?

But to answer your question

The whole damned point is that fundamentalists (I don't mean the term in an insulting way, please don't take it that way) insist on a literal interpretation of the bible, when 90% of them don't realize that much of what they quoting is based on a translation made in a time the morality was very different than it would have been when the KJV was translated. I mean we're talking about 2 worlds 1600 years apart.

Bestiality and married men having sex with temple prostitutes are two good examples of the passage might have been talking about. Homosexuality is a possibility, sure. But the point is, that's your interpretation (which you are welcome to) not the word of God. I just think we might be a little happier if we all realized this. The important parts (don't kill, love your neighbor, etc) are spelled out really clearly. Why not argue passionately for turn the other cheek, or let he who is without sin cast the first stone, which are both clearly spelled out, and not spend so much time on this other less important stuff?

I mean, why not a thread on "Is hatred and intolerance a perversion of god's will?" because there's far more of that than there is homosexuality, and there are actual unquestionable scriptural references that could be used to argue that one.

Wyst

wyst i gots to find a link for the research done on turn the other cheek... apparently it all comes down to another translation issue.

Top Bottom