Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Is Ephedrine Anti-catabolic???

AlPhASiLvErBaCk

I know clen is good but what about ephedrine?????

Is there any good supps or anything out there that prevents catabolism???zinc maybe?????????

Since ephedrine is a central nervous system stimulant/irritant, it's more likely to be catabolic than anti-catabolic.

If anyone can present evidence of ephedrine suppressing cortisol, I'd like to see it-- preferably something not conducted by Twin Lab.

macro: I was unaware than ephedrine inhibits conversion of T4 to T3. If that's the case, it's yet anothor reason it works against your goals of burning fat.

Ephedrine is one of the worst supplements available. But it has a noticable effect, which makes people believe it works. It doesn't -- not at burning fat at least. It only supresses appetite.

I was unaware than ephedrine inhibits conversion of T4 to T3

It doesn't. It seems to have the opposite effect at least out to 12 weeks, according to the research I've seen. Then T3 levels start to drop. That is a good reason to cycle it.

Am J Clin Nutr 1985 Jul;42(1):83-94

Enhanced thermogenic responsiveness during chronic ephedrine treatment in man.

Astrup A, Lundsgaard C, Madsen J, Christensen NJ.

The thermogenic effect of a single oral dose of ephedrine (1 mg/kg body weight) was studied by indirect calorimetry in five women with 14% overweight before, during and 2 mo after 3 mo of chronic ephedrine treatment (20 mg, perorally, three times daily). Before treatment and 2 mo after its cessation a similar thermogenic response to ephedrine was observed. The total extra consumption of oxygen was 1.3 1 before and 1.2 1 after cessation of the chronic treatment. After 4 and 12 wk of treatment ephedrine elicited a more sustained response, the extra oxygen consumption in the 3 h following ephedrine intake being 7.0 and 6.9 1, respectively. The ratio of serum T3 to T4 increased significantly after 4 wk of treatment (15.6 +/- 1.3 vs 19.4 +/- 2.4; p less than 0.05), but decreased below the initial value after 12 wk treatment. The mean body weight was significantly reduced after 4 and 12 wk of treatment (2.5 and 5.5 kg, respectively). An improved capacity for beta-adrenergic induced thermogenesis may be useful in the treatment of obesity.

Top Bottom