Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply US-PHARMACIES UGL OZ
Raptor Labs UGFREAK OxygenPharm
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplyUS-PHARMACIES UGL OZUGFREAKRaptor LabsOxygenPharm

is columbia house DVD club worth it??

yes
cuz you can buy your dvds on sale and stuff
 
do they get ya by jacking up the price on your required buys and charging 3x shipping rates etc etc?
 
its not bad, but their selection is limited
 
yea its worth it, the deal is you gotta buy 4 dvds at regular price in a 2 year period, and if you buy one you always get a second for half off so it evens out to about 15 bucks a movie which is average anyways. After you get all that paid up yoru shipping is reduced to a buck and you get other benefits

The Godfather collection counted as 2 of the 4 too :)
 
Standard DVDs will be going the way of VHS in not so distant future. Blu-Ray or HD-DVD is what you'll really want to start collecting. High-Definition makes current dvd's look like crap. I would get a Netflix account for now.
 
I'll sell all my dvds on eBay when I decide to upgrade. For now this Columbia House sounds pretty appealing, considering I've been wanting to build my collection and just got their offer in the mail yesterday.
I also think dvds have more staying power than tapes did, basically because they were more of a revolutionary change over tapes than blue discs or HD-dvd will be to dvds. They will only make media look "prettier" with more memory capabilities. When media switches to a non-disc format is when an upgrade will be on my horizon.
 
deltreefitness said:
Standard DVDs will be going the way of VHS in not so distant future. Blu-Ray or HD-DVD is what you'll really want to start collecting. High-Definition makes current dvd's look like crap. I would get a Netflix account for now.
I know I've been reading about the two formats
hopefully the two competing formats will reach a consensus
you still need an HDTV to realize blu-ray and/or HD-DVD's benefits
 
4everhung said:
I know I've been reading about the two formats
hopefully the two competing formats will reach a consensus
you still need an HDTV to realize blu-ray and/or HD-DVD's benefits

This is true. You'll need an HDTV to view HD-DVDs. But the difference is stunning. Right now there is technically no difference from VHS to regular DVD as far as image quality (both are only 480i). Current standard-def. DVD difference from VHS is that they last much longer while not fading and the ability for limited interactive features. High Definition is a revolution in and of itself.
 
Top Bottom