Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

IRS Knew Teap Party Was Targeted for Additional Income Tax Scrutiny

You're just digging yourself deeper. The county doesn't collect property tax for the state. The money stays in the county, to pay for county programs. You know, like schools, roads, bridges, the sheriff's department... Your Kmart analogy doesn't work.

If Tennessee State Code 67.5.101 were revoked or otherwise struck down, it would give me endless pleasure to tell your bureaucratic counterpart at the tax assessor's office in Knoxville to kiss my ass. That sure sounds like a state function, even if K-mart -- oh wait... some local county office collects it.

And you've got to feel proud. Your taxing activities help perpetuate public education. Think of the key role those failure factories have in insuring our kids have adequate access to drugs, crime and teenage pregnancy. Why without them, we might be forced to actually reform K-12 education into something useful.

You should go get a more meaningful job like putting down animals at the pound or marketing cigarettes.

And you've got to feel proud. Your taxing activities help perpetuate public education. Think of the key role those failure factories have in insuring our kids have adequate access to drugs, crime and teenage pregnancy. Why without them, we might be forced to actually reform K-12 education into something useful.

An Interview with Jeff Wolfsberg

3. Is there any evidence that private school students use drugs and alcohol more than public school students?

No. There is little difference between alcohol and other drug use rates of public and private schools. What appears to be the most salient difference is the availability of substances “on campus” appears to be less at private than public. There are private school campuses where alcohol and other drug use exceed national averages.

Alcohol and other drug use rates by schools and communities is more of a reflection of awareness and effective programming rather than the socioeconomic status of the individuals making up a defined community.

An Interview with Jeff Wolfsberg - Jeff Wolfsberg on Substance Abuse

I wonder, Plunkey, how you would explain that the countries with the best educated kids (based on tests) are all educated in socially funded public systems. (I've taught you this before).

Why isn't America the best? My answer is simple: Republicans. What's yours?

I wonder, Plunkey, how you would explain that the countries with the best educated kids (based on tests) are all educated in socially funded public systems. (I've taught you this before).

If you're foolish enough to assume that something that works in one culture is going to magically work in another culture, I'm not going to waste time explaining it to you.

Perhaps you should open a female-only driving school in Saudi Arabia.

Or an all pork rib shop on Bethlehem.

Why hasn't the sex tourism industry in Swaziland taken off?

How's the new Sconic peanut butter and bacon shake doing in the Japanese market?

But yeah, I guess for someone more simple-minded, it makes perfect sense to blame it on the other guy.

Carry on.

3. Is there any evidence that private school students use drugs and alcohol more than public school students?

An Interview with RedScam the EF Cuckold(TM)

having a proper education system is irregardless of drug use

If you're foolish enough to assume that something that works in one culture is going to magically work in another culture, I'm not going to waste time explaining it to you.

So you actually think public schools is a different culture then public ones? You must be making some really ridiculous assumptions about public school kids. I've attended / graduated both a public university and a private college. Attentive students are attentive students. Flunkies are flunkies. The private school kids I knew who dropped out after freshmen year , later attended a public school only to drop out again.... It makes no difference public or private

*edit*
The kids smoking weed in between classes would do that no matter what type of school they attended
*edit*

No. There is little difference between alcohol and other drug use rates of public and private schools. What appears to be the most salient difference is the availability of substances “on campus” appears to be less at private than public. There are private school campuses where alcohol and other drug use exceed national averages.

Alcohol and other drug use rates by schools and communities is more of a reflection of awareness and effective programming rather than the socioeconomic status of the individuals making up a defined community.

An Interview with Jeff Wolfsberg - Jeff Wolfsberg on Substance Abuse

My personal experience dittoes your post.
The main difference between large public university and smaller private college was the size of the mandatory freshmen and sophomore level classes. The other difference is the wider variety of lab type classes in the larger universities. either way, once in 400 or higher level classes in math and science, there is no difference at all. The higher level classes are filled with brighter students and hence smaller class rooms ... Student who want to learn and graduate, hence don't do self destructive behavior which will affect their grades

If Tennessee State Code 67.5.101 were revoked or otherwise struck down, it would give me endless pleasure to tell your bureaucratic counterpart at the tax assessor's office in Knoxville to kiss my ass. That sure sounds like a state function, even if K-mart -- oh wait... some local county office collects it.

Well then maybe you should make that your life's mission. By all means please go to the Knox County Assessor's Office first thing tomorrow morning and let your feelings be known. And feel free to contest the assessment of your home and any commercial parcels you may own. Maybe you should seek election to a seat on the Knox County Commission, and affect change from the inside?

You really are in no position to criticize a tax when you have no comprehension of who collects it, where the money goes, or what it's used for. And you'll go to endless lengths to try to divert when your ignorance is pointed out to you.

Your K-mart analogy is still invalid, since the counties aren't collecting money for the state. They're collecting money for their own purposes. Although some money does flow the other way - from the state to the counties.

So you actually think public schools is a different culture then public ones? You must be making some really ridiculous assumptions about public school kids. I've attended / graduated both a public university and a private college. Attentive students are attentive students. Flunkies are flunkies. The private school kids I knew who dropped out after freshmen year , later attended a public school only to drop out again.... It makes no difference public or private

*edit*
The kids smoking weed in between classes would do that no matter what type of school they attended
*edit*

You went to a K-12 University?

Wow! You must be smart.

Top Bottom