Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Iron Monkey: Teenage Log

4/7

Weighted Pull Up

25x3
50x3
80x5
90x3
100x1
100x1
75x3.5
50x6
50x3

BB Rows
165x6
155x7
145x8
135x8

Never ceases to amaze me how little weight I can do on these after doing my pull up workout.

Weighted Dips/ 1.5 Pull Ups
45x10 6
75x11 5
45x10 4

Twinged my back left shoulder blade going too low on the dips, everything should be fine though. This happened to me over the Summer, however by this time it would be killing if it was as sever as the summer time, so I think I'm in the clear.

Does pyramiding the weighted pullups help more than a regular progression? Curious because this is something I have been wanting to increase but have trouble.

from my Transformer Prime

I just try for a heavy 5, then a heavy triple then a few really heavy singles.

The reason I pyramid down is so that I can smoke my back and lats. Unlike squats I don't feel right stopping weighted pull ups after my heaviest set, I always need to go down an rep out at lighter weights, its more of a personal preference.

The way I look at it is that everything leading up to my heaviest sets is the "day's work", after that I'm just going for muscular fatigue.

Not sure if this answered your question.

Kinda. Like you said more muscle fatigue. Ive saw the pyramid before with pullups so it got my attention.

from my Transformer Prime

4/9

Bench Press 10x3 (75s rest)
260x10x3

First time getting complete all ten sets, of course my last rep was a straight up struggle.

DB Chest Press 3x8-12
95x8
85x8
75x8

I definitely felt the extra effort I put in the bench on these.

DB Flyes
55x2x10

Finished up with some Power Push-Ups, could only manage 7 reps.

Did a HIIT workout yesterday on the track, it felt great.

4/10/2012

Deadlift

135x5
225x4
275x3
315x3
365x3
405x1
455x5
495x1

Got ballsy after doing 455, realized if I could hit it for 5 than 5 plates should be a relatively easy max. It was, I pulled it up much faster than in my powerlifting meet when I was 8 lbs. heavier.

Pretty damn pumped about this today, I'm back to where I was when I was peaked in strength except lighter, and still making gains.

SLD
325x8
325x8

Squat
315x9

I did 315x8 last week, I may have twinged my back trying to do 9 this week. Either way I am not squatting on Friday this weekend, to give myself a little mini deload.

Cardio is never "needed" if you want to make gains in weightlifting, in fact I do not recommend doing it unless you have to, or are a fat pig.

I am forced to do it as my fitness requirements dictate it for the Navy. So I do 2 2mile runs in the morning on Wednesdays and Thursday, and do HIIT sprint workouts on Sunday Fundays. If you eat like a horse and sleep like a log you can still make gains in weight training while running on a regular basis.

4/11/2012

Weighted Pull Ups
25 lbs.

20 lbs.

10 lbs.

Burnt out after these and stopped keeping track, did a DB curl and Lat Pull down superset.

4/12

Had a PT test this morning so my workout this afternoon was definitely lacking. This morning I did

106 push ups
72 sit ups
7:26 mile

PM

OHP
170x4
165x3
155x4
135x8
135x4

CGBP
225x10
205x6
185x6

Abs and Push Ups

Solid day, going to NYC this weekend so I wont be touching weights till Monday, I think I need a little deload time anyways, this week took a toll on me.

4/17

Deadlift

465x3

Squat

315x10

I did New York City this past weekend, Friday - Sunday. Got wicked sauced in Times Square both nights. I ate like crap and got crap sleep so I already knew in advance this workout would be crap. Sucks because I am at a critical part in my DL plan where I need to be at top condition for each workout to continue gaining. I was supposed to hit 465x5 today, I barely got the triple.

I still can't decide if I would rather be able to go out on weekends without feeling guilty and tied down about getting a good nights sleep and drinking. Instead of being disciplined every day with my routine, in bed by ten thirty, no alcohol or drugs etc.

Hopefully I can salvage the rest of this week. My diets still out of whack from the trip.

Top Bottom