Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Intermittent Fasting discussion thread!!

Hi RickRock13,
Thanks for all the great information and the that you have been going out of your way to answer everyone's questions for so long now. I just came across this thread yesterday.

I have been doing IF for about a 7 months now, with great results. I love the lifestyle most of all and not having to worry about my muscles falling off when I don't eat.

I concur with what you say about having to watch not to over-eat. I have the same problem. If there is a feast, like Christmas dinner, I can eat forever. I have no stop function. I'm starting to think that I would be successful at my local pie-eating contest.

I have one question for you, if you would be so kind to answer. I'm starting my first cycle IF style. I was told by my IF coach, that when I was going to do a slow-bulk, I would continue with my same eating protocols, only raising my training day carbs by 50 and adding 50 carbs to my rest days. Once strength gains stop or stall, I should add another 50 carbs. Do you think this is sufficient? I will continue to gauge my weight and weekly strength increases.

I know that friends of mine who cycle, say I should eat anything I can get my hands on and eat up to 500 carbs/day. Off the juice, my training day carbs would be about 250-300, so 500 seems excessive.

According to my IF coach, calories don't matter, but macros do. A training day calorie count may only be about 2400 when I get my clean macros in. My juice friends say I should be consuming 5000-7000 calories/day. I think that's crazy!

6'6"
190lbs
8% BF

Training day: Protein/carbs/fat 180/300/45
Rest Day: 200/50/95

Definitely don't listen to your buddy that says eat everything in sight when "bulking" though I really hate that word. He is probably one of the many people out there that judge the success of their cycles by the scale. Trying to gain as much weight as possible is not very efficient or constructive because the majority of your gains will be fat.

Your coach is more on the right track but still way off of what I would do. First you need to figure out your daily maintenance and adjust from there. You should always stick to your same macro ratios for your workout and cardio days. If you are more concentrated on adding mass, go with 30% over on workout days and 10% under on cardio/rest days. That method is much better for adding LEAN mass over time rather than just all out bulking.

I haven't read all of the info here yet, but find what I have read thus far interesting. I am on the fence about whether I want to try IF or if I want to do the alternate day method. I have completed a long fast before (30 days water only) for spiritual and health reasons. I felt great afterward. My goal is to finish losing the weight I need to lose and keep it off. I think that one of the afore-mentioned plans will work. Have you come across any reasons to avoid the "up day, down day" / alternate day method? I was thinking about trying this method first only because with our weird schedules (my husband works graves) & 4 kids in school + one I watch until about 7:30 4 nights a week, I can't always plan a consistent fasting/eating timeframe. I can, however, plan to either eat, or not eat, on alternating days.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this subject. I am planning to start more consistent weight training starting this week. I was also wondering if katanadrol & epi strong are still good to take while employing this kind of eating plan. Those are the 2 supps I use (other than protein & multi vitamins, etc) when I do choose to supplement. I also use fat burners sometimes, would be interested in knowing if there is one that you recommend above others. Thanks again!

I haven't read all of the info here yet, but find what I have read thus far interesting. I am on the fence about whether I want to try IF or if I want to do the alternate day method. I have completed a long fast before (30 days water only) for spiritual and health reasons. I felt great afterward. My goal is to finish losing the weight I need to lose and keep it off. I think that one of the afore-mentioned plans will work. Have you come across any reasons to avoid the "up day, down day" / alternate day method? I was thinking about trying this method first only because with our weird schedules (my husband works graves) & 4 kids in school + one I watch until about 7:30 4 nights a week, I can't always plan a consistent fasting/eating timeframe. I can, however, plan to either eat, or not eat, on alternating days.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this subject. I am planning to start more consistent weight training starting this week. I was also wondering if katanadrol & epi strong are still good to take while employing this kind of eating plan. Those are the 2 supps I use (other than protein & multi vitamins, etc) when I do choose to supplement. I also use fat burners sometimes, would be interested in knowing if there is one that you recommend above others. Thanks again!

ADF is a very popular form of IF, and is very effective. I have personally have never done it, but have spoken with many that have. The 16 hour fast and 8 hour feed works very well into the schedule for most people including myself and appeals more to the masses for obvious reasons.

With that said I'm not exactly sure how everything is structured with ADF. I do know it involves a much larger feeding on the fed days obviously because of the extreme calorie and glycogen depleted State your body will be in at that time. Just from a guessing standpoint, your feeding days would probably have to be at 170%-220% of your daily maintenance caloric and macro targets (under 200% for cutting, and over 200% for gaining), but that's a lot of guessing on my part. I know there are books out there like eat,stop,eat and others that explore ADF so that may be something you would want to look into if you are seriously considering it.

Top Bottom