Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

igf1 or hgh

I am going to try IGF R3 long next cycle and I have never used hGH. I know very little a bout either but I will relay some info I have learned from other guys abotu the R3

(hickey) "The main reason for using HGH is to increase IGF-1 levels, so by using the IGF-1, you are in essence going "right to the source" But, I think more research needs to be done, as far as IGF's results for bodybuilding purposes, before conclusions can be made."

First of all IGF is different than R3 long. R3 longs half life is about 10 hours compared to IGF at only 10 mintues.

The reason that I have decided to try R3 Long over hGH is because

1. It is cheaper. Not actually in quanity (my prices) but in the amount you take through a cycle. I think it would be better to say that a complete R3 Long cycle is cheaper than a complete hGh cycle.

2. You must take hGh at 4ius a day for 10 weeks but more realisticly 12 weeks to see get everything out of it. R3 Long on the other hand is not to be used over 5 weeks because it loses its ability to work after that. I think there is a debate why but it doesnt work as well after 5 weeks.
(Zyg) "after so long at elevated levels our bodies feedback mechanism reduce the effectiveness of exogenous IGF-1 at the 4-6 week mark."

3. R3 Long is supposed to be safer than hGh. Not sure why. Get a hold of Zyg he can help more than I.

4. (war lobo) "Another advantage that IGF has over GH is that it has much more of an affinity to attach to muscle cells instead of bone and organ cells. Growth hormone has been know to cause a lot of organ enlargement and bone elongation since it attaches to all types of receptor cells."

5. (war lobo) "The dosage issue for IGF is where the most controversy lies. Dosages used by competitive athletes most commonly range anywhere between 60mcg/day to 100+mcg/day. The trick is finding the dosage that works best for YOU. For most the best results appear when you reach a dosage of 80mcg/day, while some do receive good results from only 40mcg/day. I personally feel the best results begin to be noticed at a dosage of 100mcg/day. I personally am using 150mcg/day during my current cycle. "

Last edited:
I am going to take it every day for 2 weeks. I have not read anyhting about a 5 on 2 off schedule liek with gHG

Actually, you would be better off to use both in the same cycle, because they work in synergy to cause lean muscle growth and a change in body composition. Seperately, our feedback mechanisms tend to interfere with desired results. GH alone causes a downregulation of the natural production of insulin-like growth factors, and IGF alone inhibits natural production of GH.

Perhaps the most relevant effect of IGF-1 to this discussion is the ability of IGF-1 to increase protein synthesis by increasing cellular mRNA formation (mRNA makes protein) as well as increasing uptake of amino acids. This effect on protein synthesis can lead to increased lean mass. The research indicates that this effect is dependent on GH presence as well. So IGF-1 alone does not promote such effects. Nor does GH. It appears the combination of the two most consistently lead to increased protein synthesis.

GH and IGF-1 are negative regulators of GH release so an increase in either (from a GH injection) reduces the secretion of GH.
The leading studies in this area: (Ney, 1999, Yarasheski, 1994....Am J. App. Phys.)

And yes, I have personal experience with both.....years with GH, IGF-1 is very difficult to obtain in a useable condition....it must be handled very gently and have bee kept at a rather precise temperature at all times. I am familiar with your source, and am very hopeful that this turns out to be the real deal.

Last edited:
Out of curiousity, about how much would a 5 week cycle of this stuff cost at around 60mcg/day?

See my edit......yes. One can stimulate IGF production through the use of an oral steroid during cycle. Dbol, for example, causes a rather extensive release of IGF during the first pass through the liver.
In the Yarasheski study, no increase in lean muscle mass was noticed in the subjects using GH alone, but significant gains were found in subjects that supplemented with IGF and GH......add in the steroids and look out!

Top Bottom