Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i think its time for a new cut diet

johnstonvt

So here is the history for background.

28 year old male
180 lbs
5'8"
BF% - no clue, more on this in a second

Ive always been a fatty. Weighed 280 lbs of pure fat while in college. Long story short got serious about my health and dropped the fat and added decent strength and muscle. (not real big mass though) Starting losing it about 2 years ago. Got to about 200 lbs a year ago and over the last year I have been weight training and slowing gotten down to 180 lbs.

The reason I do not really know my BF is that I suspect I have some extra flabby skin. I have a Tatina bf scale that reads 17% first thing in the morning dehydrated and reads around 14% late afternoon before dinner (meal 5) Waist measures 35.5", Chest 42", Bicep 14.5". Even at these measurements and body weight my gut hangs over my belt and is real loose and flabby (sorry too much info there) Anyway that is why I haven't tried calipers to get better reading.

Anyway, after busting my ass for a couple years I had gotten fed up since my body still disgusts me after all the fat loss and strength and muscle gains. I actually started looking around the web at lipo and mesotherapy and other crazy a** things to get rid of the gut.

Well f** that, I'm not giving up that easy. I decided I need to keep busting my hump until my bf% truly is low enough to get my gut fat to disappear and allow my skin to hopefully rebound. And with the support of all you awesome folks and reading threads here I am that much more motivated. I read something here almost everyday just don't post much.

Here is the plan for right now on food and training. I've been kind of doing this for the past couple weeks but my mid day meals have been different and macros all wacked out. Thoughts, encouragement and critique is appreciated.

Non-Training Days
Breakfast) 1 egg, 5 egg whites, 1 cup oatmeal

MidMorning) 2 cups skim milk, 2 scoops ON whey

Lunch) 6 oz chicken breast (or other lean meat, steak, tuna, etc), 1 cup brown rice or a sweet potato, cup of green veggies (usually brocoli, i love that stuff)

MidAfternoon) 2 cups skim milk, 2 scoops ON whey

Dinner) Same as lunch

About an hour before bed) 1 cup lowfat cottage cheese, 2 tbs ANPB

Roughly 2500 calories, 37% C, 50% P, 13% F

On Training Days I lift in the morning and my day looks like this

Wake Up) 1 scoop ON whey
GO train...about 45-60 min
Post) Up Your mass shake (510 calories, about 68grms carbs and 46grms whey protein, The carbs are from a oat and barley blend, no simple sugars)

Mid Morning) 1 egg, 5 egg whites, 1 cup oatmeal

Lunch on.....rest of the day same as non training
Macros are roughly the same. About 2700 calores and carbs a bit higher, 40-48-12

I just changed up my lifting routine to the Rippetoe 3x5 on Mon, Wed, Fri. I have been lifting for a while but never really did much squating or bench (just machines) so I think I can get some decent progress out of this workout. On it two weeks I am upping weight each workout. Right now on this I am at a 150lb bench, 185 squat (ATG), 205 dead lift, 125 rows, 90 shoulder press.

My cardio sucks. I used to run. Thats how I lost all my weight to begin with but knee is screwed from years of carrying extra weight around (yet I can do real squats with no problem) I can do uphill walking on the treadmill, elliptical and biking but they bore the s... out of me. My plan will be to force myself to do this in the morning on an empty stomach on days I don't lift.

So if anyone takes the time to read through my ridiculously long story here your input is very much appreciated. A couple issues I think I am already to get called out on. Milk is my carb source for two meals!! This might not be the best but I need to get those two meals as simple as possible due to work. What do you think. Next, dude do more cardio!! Yeah I know, im going to try. The other thing is I'm doing the 3x5 which is designed to build strength (needs more food and excess to build muscle) yet my goal is lose my fat gut.

Johnston

any weight training is great even if its to build muscle mass and strength. it sounds like you know your goals and how to attain them you just need a bit more drive to do what is required. i think its already amazing that youve achieved so much so far. your almost there man just keep it up. eat clean hit the gym and do some cardio when you can and your dreams will be met

Keasby, Thanks for the kind words. I'm thinking of starting a log on the forum to chart my training progress to keep up the motivation.

It's 5:15AM and time to hit the gym.

So I have already made a change to diet I posted above. After some investigation on carb sources and tweaking my diet to meet my true goals which is to lose fat!! I have taken out the milk and have added cottage cheese for my my mid afternoon meal. This will take out the sugar carbs and up the protein. On non-training days my I will mix the shake with water and maybe add a little oatmeal for slow carbs if needed. This will keep my macros closer to 50P-30C-20F and about 2500 calories on training days and about 2300 non-training days. I think this will treat me better on the cut.

Top Bottom