Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I Think I Figured Out Why People Here Think 105mph is too Fast To Ride a Sport Bike

superspud said:
i but i agree cagers are assholes, i lost another good friend last fall due to a fucking druck asshole from out of state turned infront of my buddy and he hit the minivan. Minivans need to be banned from driving. :-/ i still ride and i sport my bike.. i'm either doing 60. or 120.. there is no really inbetween anyless than 120 and you'll get pulled over so go or don't go.

This is just stupid. It's like saying all bikers are assholes. Sure, some in each group are, but I'd be willing to bet very few cagers go out of their way to hurt you.
No offence, but, was your buddy doing 120 when the truck turned in front of him?
How many cagers have had to stand on the brakes to achieve freeway spacing when some biker cut in front of him. Sure, the bike's going much faster, but if he suddenly had to stop after cutting the cager off & the cager hit him because of braking distance disparity, would the law automatically exonerate the cager? He rear ended someone, so it's automatically his fault. Would the cager be happy he killed a biker? No, he'll probably be traumatised & suffer for years.
So the cager hits the brakes & he gets rear ended while the biker screams off into the distance. Who's at fault.
Think about this. This is real defensive driving. Anticipating other drivers & anticipating what your actions will do to other drivers.

curling said:
Because I have been observing people in cages(cars) and they drive like SHIT! It is amazing how BAD people in cars drive. No wonder they drive in cars because they need all they protection they can get just to stay alive. Really they should be in tanks that don't go over 20mph. The more I watch cars the more I understand why people here think what we do on bike is crazy because they are MORONS! I can't believe they ever got a licence in the first place.

I can understand your point about moronic drivers, but I would be inclined to put someone who thinks it is safe to go 105 mph, on a bike, on the freeway, in traffic because he is a "good driver" in that same category. Damn you do not realize when you get in a wreck, and you will get in one some day, that it will probably be because of one of the other drivers. Suddenly your bike turns into a 600 pound flipping, turning, 105 mph weapon that could easily kill other people.
Go to the track if you want to race.

Re: I Think I Figured Out Why People Here Think 105mph is too Fast To Ride a Sport Bi

curling said:
Man, sorry to hear about your best friend. What kind of wheelie was he doing and how fast and what size and year gixxer? (I ride one too)
04 gixxr 1000, probably 3rd gear doing a stand up, he passed a semi truck and got hit but a gust of wind and brought it down pretty hard, went into a tank slapper, snap'd both of his wrists and then the autopsy said he had a heart attach when he came down which is what caused him to pretty much go down. the bike then lowsided and just slid to a stop.. kid looked fine like he just slid didn't tumble or anything. no jacket just a white tshirt .. didn't even really have much road rash.. danny was a big kid too 6'4 or so and built like a tank. oh well it happens.

hidngod said:
This is just stupid. It's like saying all bikers are assholes. Sure, some in each group are, but I'd be willing to bet very few cagers go out of their way to hurt you.
No offence, but, was your buddy doing 120 when the truck turned in front of him?
How many cagers have had to stand on the brakes to achieve freeway spacing when some biker cut in front of him. Sure, the bike's going much faster, but if he suddenly had to stop after cutting the cager off & the cager hit him because of braking distance disparity, would the law automatically exonerate the cager? He rear ended someone, so it's automatically his fault. Would the cager be happy he killed a biker? No, he'll probably be traumatised & suffer for years.
So the cager hits the brakes & he gets rear ended while the biker screams off into the distance. Who's at fault.
Think about this. This is real defensive driving. Anticipating other drivers & anticipating what your actions will do to other drivers.
my buddy wasn't doing 120 when the drunk driver turned infront of him, it was a 35mph street and he was doing 50. sad part is he was 2 streets away from his own house.

Re: I Think I Figured Out Why People Here Think 105mph is too Fast To Ride a Sport Bi

mountain muscle said:
I can understand your point about moronic drivers, but I would be inclined to put someone who thinks it is safe to go 105 mph, on a bike, on the freeway, in traffic because he is a "good driver" in that same category. Damn you do not realize when you get in a wreck, and you will get in one some day, that it will probably be because of one of the other drivers. Suddenly your bike turns into a 600 pound flipping, turning, 105 mph weapon that could easily kill other people.
Go to the track if you want to race.

It only weighs 350 lbs. And btw people go faster on the autobauns in Germany every day.

superspud,

So he had a heart attack because of the fall? wow.

superspud said:
my buddy wasn't doing 120 when the drunk driver turned infront of him, it was a 35mph street and he was doing 50. sad part is he was 2 streets away from his own house.
Sorry about your friend btw.
15 mph difference isn't that bad, people do it every day. Throw the drunk in, bad combination.

foreigngirl said:
really, 105mph on a bike feels like 65 in a car

Tell that to Newton. When you are weaving in and out of traffic doing 45mph faster than the flow, you are creating hazards just the same as the Blue Hair traveling at 40MPH on the Interstate. Now, when you are doing 105MPH on the bike and you hit that car doing 65MPH, what was your closure rate, how much damage would you inflict to yourself, and how much damage would you inflict to the car. If you were travelling 70MPH what would be the differences.

Does Dopamine affect common sense?

redguru said:
Tell that to Newton. When you are weaving in and out of traffic doing 45mph faster than the flow, you are creating hazards just the same as the Blue Hair traveling at 40MPH on the Interstate. Now, when you are doing 105MPH on the bike and you hit that car doing 65MPH, what was your closure rate, how much damage would you inflict to yourself, and how much damage would you inflict to the car. If you were travelling 70MPH what would be the differences.

Does Dopamine affect common sense?

I disagree going slow is alot more dangerous on the highway than speed. Besides the person going faster is more aware and alert then some granny doing 40mph. I mean you do realize that people in Germany drive all different speeds and they have less wrecks that we do.

curling said:
I disagree going slow is alot more dangerous on the highway than speed. Besides the person going faster is more aware and alert then some granny doing 40mph. I mean you do realize that people in Germany drive all different speeds and they have less wrecks that we do.

No, it is not. Please take a course in basic Mechanics, because you are clueless as to what is actually occuring.

Your increased awareness only counts for reactions at the same speed, as you increase speed your increased awareness does not override the faster closure rates and event cycles. So you think your reaction time is 2.5X faster than that old granny? Pintoca posted a game the other day where you click a mouse button as soon as a sheep takes off. Lets say this grandmother's average reaction time was .25sec, yours would have to be .1 sec to avoid an event she barely avoided, that occured at the same time and distance for both of you. If you don't avoid it, you and your motorcycle now become projectiles. You have no control over your vehicle or your body and are now weapons travelling at almost twice the speed of other objects. Your absolute lack of physical knowledge is going to cost someone thier life. The worst part about it, is it probably going to be someone else.

redguru said:
No, it is not. Please take a course in basic Mechanics, because you are clueless as to what is actually occuring.

Your increased awareness only counts for reactions at the same speed, as you increase speed your increased awareness does not override the faster closure rates and event cycles. So you think your reaction time is 2.5X faster than that old granny?

Easily.

Lets say this grandmother's average reaction time was .25sec, yours would have to be .1 sec to avoid an event she barely avoided, that occured at the same Pintoca posted a game the other day where you click a mouse button as soon atime and distance for both of you. If you don't avoid it, you and your motorcycle now become projectiles. You have no control over your vehicle or your body and are now weapons travelling at almost twice the speed of other objects. Your absolute lack of physical knowledge is going to cost someone thier life. The worst part about it, is it probably going to be someone else.

Also you act like I do a 100+ mph the whole time while I am riding. You do understand that I only open it up the traffic allows if I come up on cars I slow until I can get around them safely. I mean for somebody with all this physics knowledge you sure lack in common sense.

Top Bottom