Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i need to be educated on a few things. plz help...

BigBoy23

OK I am currently dieting.

Pretty much I only eat like 1 6 inch sub and a can of tuna per day.

I want a more effiecient healthier diet.

let me give you a run down.

First off I drink water and eat a banana pre workout

Im wanting to get some protein in me before I do my workout so I need a non-fat non-carb protein powder to mix with a shake?

whats the best type.

I workout and then come in and eat a sub or skinless chicken breast.

later that evening I eat a can of tuna.

Im worried about not getting all my viatamins eating this way.

also whats best to heal my muscles fast for workouts.

creatine?

I need to be educated..
lol

plz help..

lemme check something first before i type a whole bunch a stuff

you are only eating 1 can of tuna and one subway sandwich/chicken breast for the day+a bananna

this is your total daily diet correct? and NOT your pre and post workout diet?

also if possible can you put down

height
weight
body fat% (if you know it, if you dont, dont worry about it :) )
how long you've been exercising for and what type of exercise you do

:)

Last edited:
Yes thats all im eating.

age 23
gender m
height 6'2
weight 316
body fat% (if you know it, if you dont, dont worry about it )
how long you've been exercising for and what type of exercise you do

I do a full body workout.. Free weights and about 30 - 45 min of cardio per day 5 days a week

On Sat and Sun My family has a lot of cookouts so I cant pass up the food lol...

ok these are just my opinions on it, im sure others may think differently so hear what others say too, many are far more qualified at stuff like this than me:)

first of all im not sure what you mean by letting your muscles heal after you workout, do you mean less sore? either way i sont think creatine is appropriate, ive heard of some taking it for cutting (fat loss) but i personally wouldnt, i dont think its helpful for cutting

second of all you HAVE to eat more. i fell into this trap when i was about 17-18, if you eat that little and exercise that much like i was you will lose muscle and strength like i did. what you eat is important but the more frequently you eat, the faster your metabolism will be and as a result you will lose more weight. i used to do the 2 meals a day thing, then i tried eating more (4-5) incluiding breakfast and i noticed the difference. it does help

as for your diet i presume you want to lose fat, correct? what you eat is important, but you still have to eat! :)

first of all, dont have any simple carbs, or reduce your intake of foods that have em. simple carbs are sweet sugars, the type you find in glucose energy drinks, and for the purposes of this post, anything sugary basically. the only time it is appropriate to have em is after training as post workout carbs but i would wait to hear someone elses opinions on it

to lose fat your gonna have to reduce saturated fat intake, increase unsaturated/Essential Fatty Acid intake (good fats that actually help you lose weight), and reduce over all calories by cutting down on carbohydrates. some may say eliminate them all together but i personally would just lower them,. try to avoid overly starchy foods like breads and pasta. high proten will help you keep muscle and is harder for the body to turn to fat

there is a GREAT thread on diet by the one crumcake. i will look for it now.in terms of diets, thats the one i plan on dong when i wanna lose weight

there may be a lot more others wish to contribute.

Ouch

Man, you must be starving all the time

I think if you keep the diet youre doing right now, you will lose a lot of weight (mostly muscle) and probably pick up a binge eating disorder on the huge rebound.

Listen to Danielson, I agree with everything he listed above, you definatly need more food to lose fat.

There are plenty of diets you can do to help you acheive your goals. The search button is a great tool on this board, might wanna look up someother diets that people are having success with. Crums diet and Vagetas not so low carb diet seem to be very popular.

Good luck

is there like a daily diet someone can lay out for me..

like what foods to eat

something like this?

meal 1 oatmeal/banana
meal 2 can of tuna
meal 3 6 inch sub or turkey sandwhich
meal 4 can of tuna
meal 5 skinless chicken breast and some veggies?

would something like that work better for me?

I really need some help..

I dont have time to search right now but I will do some searching soon to see what i can some up with..

http://209.11.101.244/forum/showthread.php?threadid=124559

this diet looks good, and im sure if you get through the whole thing there will be diet plans laid out for you to follow

veggies do have carbs in them, but im assuming notn high enough quantities to warrant removing them from your diet. i plan on doing this thing, burt maybe including a few carb days

there are crucial things id point out with the diet you seem to have

*weight training, cardio and lots of protein means you NEED calcium. you;re not getting it. milk is a contreversial subject when cutting as it has calcium and makes protein shakes taste nicer but it has galactose (type of sugar) and this 'apparently' will only replace lost liver glycogen and then be turned to fat. id still get some milk in me though, you need it

*vitamins are also needed. get some veggies, and a vitamn pill. fruit is good for you (fiber+vitamins) but has fructose in it (similar to galactose in terms of annoyingness), so high quanttes of the stuff not a great idea whilst losing weight at leasy

*fiber. you dont get this and its bad. really bad! :D veggies are good source when cutting, you can get fiber supplements but that depeds on you

*water- 2.5L everday exercising or not, some drink more. its tough but its good for you. water is essential!

i know it sounds crazy but these eat a carrot a day diets will get you looking like ally mcbeal. read that linked thread for info it looks good :)

BigBoy23 said:
is there like a daily diet someone can lay out for me..

like what foods to eat

something like this?

meal 1 oatmeal/banana
meal 2 can of tuna
meal 3 6 inch sub or turkey sandwhich
meal 4 can of tuna
meal 5 skinless chicken breast and some veggies?

would something like that work better for me?

I really need some help..

I dont have time to search right now but I will do some searching soon to see what i can some up with..
I think you should do something like the "Body For Life" diet. It is easy for a beginner and it will truly be effective in the long-term for you. Trust me, you can lose 2 lbs per week or more and eat a hell of a lot more than that. Try eating 6 meals per day with both carbohydrate and protein. Minimize your fat, and make all of your carb sources low GI. This means that you should eat only lean meat and protein sources, and natural whole sources of complex carbohydrates. For instance, chicken and sweet potatoes, cottage cheese and whole wheat bread, egg-whites (maybe a yolk, too) and oat-meal, tuna and veggies with a piece of fruit, beans + rice + tuna, tuna on whole wheat, the varieties are endless. Begin learning to count calories and figure out how many calories you should be eating. Read up on weight-training and get a more reallistic training schedule to build as much muscle as possible.

If you lift hard, you could lose fat and gain muscle and stay the same weight (at your current weight). This is only if you train really hard.

I don't usually like suggesting such a thing, but I think you could learn a lot from the book "Body For Life". You need a place to start.

You are obviously starving yourself, which does not work. At your weight you can lose fat pretty quickly and almost never feel hungry or deprived. Feeling hungry or deprived will only lead you to binging and eating disorders.

PM me if you want some more help. I could try to help you in a week or so when I am finished with final exams.

Top Bottom