Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I maxed out today!!!!!!

Cubanito17

Well guys today I maxed out on my first 6 week training of westside. I did everything like I was suppose to do and was training mon-SP bench tue-ME SQ/DL/Clean thur-ME bench fri-SP SQ/DL/Clean.

MY lifts went from a full 90 275 squat to 335
300 deadlift to 365
245 bench to 270
185 clean to 185(disappointed).

My bench form according to my coach was still the same as last time elbows tucked in he said if they would be out more I wouldn't have such a problem, by the way I almost failed on 270.

And all my other friends on his workout went up about 40-60lbs on their bench in 5 weeks. So it might be alot of shit to do, but while I'm still young i'm going back to his workout when I see I start getting stuck or Plateauing and shit again. Then I'll come back to westside. A kid who I always ranked on went from 185-315 in 9 weeks a beginner though. I"m a partial beginner since I took about 5 months off due to shoulder injury in boxing and have muscle spasms.

Hey man progress is progress...you should be happy! a 30-40 lb increase in bench is awesome. I think when your more confident with your form your poundages will go up even more....just be explosive....I know it's hard when you have a heavy ass weight in your hands though.

keep growin and getting stronger ...like you said you are still young.

I was a weak ass kid in high school....their was a bunch of strong benchers....now I'm 24 and I bump in to those guys everyonce in a while....now I'm way stronger than them

keep it up....5more pounds or 20 more pounds...keep moving forward

hi guys this aint cubanito this is his bro,I worked out on his workout for 6 weeks,I only gained 10 pounds on bench tho I ate right and busted my ass,I also broke my nose cuz i tried to go too heavy using skuul crushers.Gee what I got out of it,10lbs and a broken nose,Im going back to my coaches workout.

Hey guys well i was happy with my squat and deadlift, but I'm not competing for that yet. When I get outta high school that I compete for main 3 lifts then I'll go to westside for right now that I'm doing pause bench and clean&jerk I'm better off going up 40lbs on bench and 15-25lbs on cleans every 4 weeks with coach. At least I hope its that way for me and my bro as you've seen as it is for every other fucker in there.

yeah obvious.

they way you mentioned the fact that you can gain more on other programs.

i have seen it before as well.

they cant gain much on a program.....so they switch programs. the program plautues and then they give up. the progress is too slow. thats how it is. you cant bench 600lb over night. It takes many years.

you better get used to the slowness

OK I'm sure that westside works when you get to a point that you really CAN'T gain anymore on another workout. Now if all my boyz in the weightroom are still gaining from my coaches workout then I'm gonna go until I stop gaining and go back to westside I'm glad that I found my weakpoints and I was happy with my deadlift and Squat, but for my cleans I didn't get SHIT and bench 25lbs I thought I was at least gonna get a good 40lbs. I know i might sound greedy, but I was competing with some kid and he got stronger than me alot stronger he went 245 to 295 i went 245 to 270 and had trouble locking out 270 but i pushed it up so easy upset for that little lockout 3 inches. I thought I had a strong tri, what happened.

You really are nuts aren't you. This is what endpoint is talking about -- from the very beginning you talked about coach and how all his guys were gaining 50lbs on their bench in 4 weeks or whatever. Dude, you talked youself right out of getting strong. ANY program will work when you are new, but some are superior to others. Just curious -- how many 700lb benchers has your coach produced?? Hell, I bet he has never even seen a 700lb bench. Here are your weakpoints, in this order -- tri's, lats, upper back. They are the same for everyone. Even George Halbert needs more tri's. Others gain faster -- it took me 3 years to go from 405 to 425, then I went to 500 in less than a year.

Top Bottom