Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I got a weird injury

tableedge

I was doing stiff leg dead lifts the other day, and after my second set of 10, i noticed that the base of my skull was hurting a lot. The spot right under that bump, where the spine connects. It hurts a lot, does anyone have any idea what this is.

Doug

Could be the spinal erector muscles. They attach right to the base of the occipit. If you were rounding your back too much, then you could have easily pulled them. I'd take a day or two off of deadlifts to give them a chance to recouperate, and if they still hurt, then I'd check with a sports doctor.

chances are you do your d.l.s like most people, with your head up which places the traps in a contracted position. couple that with the excessive load on your shoulders (ie holding the weight and even shrugging back) and you could have either pulled/strained or just got some cramping in your traps. also the weaker cervical extensors could have been strained (as was stated earlier). just like shrugging looking up or down is a no-no so is doing a deadlift, as you can now see why.

It must be that, because i do my sldl's with my head up, look straight. silly me. its strange that i've always done it this way and its never bothered me before though. whatever, i hate doing them anyway.

Top Bottom