Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

i don't get it - constant improval

the koala

2nd week of my new started programm - bench (my benching always sucks it seems)

2nd time incline benchpressing up to a 1rm for ME

last week i stopped at 82,5kgs for 1 repetition

so i thought this week 85kg is possible

i worked up 50x5 62,5x3 67,5x1 72,5x1 77,5x1 then i was shooting for 85 right away and the just got it some centimetres from my chest and over

i keep my ME exercises for 3 weeks, work up to a 1rm every week and try to improve myself the next - that's what i try
most of the time, especially on bench i more or less stick around the same weight on all three weeks

strangly enough on squat i can improve the weight sometimes by 5 or more kgs from one week to the next
yet on bench - nothing

does this happen to you guys too?
what am i doing wrong?

i'm really thinking on doing something like a three week wave on ME bench, kind of like what chambewy20 suggested to me in my other thread
looking like this: first week work up to a 5rm, 2nd week 3rm, 3rd week 1rm.....

thanks in advance,

i don't know, but it is a common westside problem. Westside benching sticks for a lot of people, self included. My solution was to do metal militia bench training. But if you are looking for a westside solution, maybe someone else (like chamb, beast, etc) will come along to help

Good luck

thanks for the reply!

could you point me in some direction considering metal milita benching, how exactly is it built up?

thanks in advance,

A problem that I ran into at first was, as probably the same with you, my gym wasn't set up for much diversity on the whole ME movement thing and I didn't have more than one partner or one in the same strength range as me.

One thing I started doing was increase volume on ME day, I didn't feel that i was taxing myself enough because my bench was so far down in the crapper, especially incline. First week on a three week wave, after a 1RM I did this...

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/variation_on_max_effort_training.htm

Hope this helps, I promise, I will come out of my cave and be more attentive!!!

yeah,..... i was just trying to figure out the metal milita training style,... looks like a whole lot of volume,...
do they keep that workoutplan for 8 weeks, then comp, then start all over again with it?

i too have the feeling of not having done enough after every bench session,.... the periodization after the ME exercise sounds very interesting, i think i'll give it a try

thanks for the reply

Top Bottom