Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

humalog and timing of nutrients

rugal

this is my first time using humalog. used Humilin R before. my question invloles the timing of eating.when i used R i took it post wk out and then 6 hours after i tried not to ingest fat at all except unavoidable as such protein powders. Humalog is suppost to be in and out in 2 hours right? well today i took my post wkout shake of isopure and dextrose, then 1 hour later had a meal of egg whites turkey and wheat toast,. 3 and half hours after injection i had a whey + flax shake. do i need to wait longer to ingest fats?

You may want to have the meal 30 minutes after your shake because i believe it spikes at one hour and it takes a while to digest the food, so you'd want to have eaten a solid food meal before the spike.

lift chief, yeah i was gonna do tht but i was at work and it had to wait a minute before i could prepare it, was a little out of the ordinary because i usually have that time set aside to eat

I can't believe you people are using insulin without even knowing the proper half-life of the humalog analogue.

HUMALOG

Onset is 15-20 minutes.

PEAK ACTION at the 1.8-2 hour mark.

Duration is 4 hours
(6 if you count the entire bell curve, but its very low at that point)

Last edited:
mix_chart_fix.gif

Top Bottom