Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hst

ZGzaZ

I've read through the sticky and webpage, what I was wondering though, when finding your maxes at the beginning, do you find your 1RM and calculate your 15rep/10/5rep maxes from there? or actually find a 15 rep max?

Tom Treutlein said:
Monday you find your 15 rep max for exercises, Wednesday 10, and Friday 5. Start the following week.

actually if you wanna' do HST properly you need to take 9-14 days off after you test your maxes

okay, now lets say i have my 15 rep maxes....for the first two weeks when im doing sets of 15 reps, what % of that max am I doing? so say i do 15 reps with 185 on flat bench...for the first workout what do i do? and how does it go up from there?

Well, you count backwards. You have 6 workouts in 2 weeks, right? The 2nd Friday, workout 6 will be 185 lbs, your max. Now, you take that, and count back in decretments of 5-10 lbs, depending on how you want to do it. Let's say you chose 10.

Workout 6 Friday - 185 lbs.
Workout 5 Wednesday - 175 lbs.
Workout 4 Monday - 165 lbs.
Workout 3 Friday - 155 lbs.
Workout 2 Wednesday - 145 lbs.
Workout 1 Monday - 135 lbs.

If you don't do the strategic deconditioning (ie. taking off the week after testing your maxes), then you won't get the full benefit of the progressive load (the light weights won't give you as much).

Top Bottom