Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HST - Abbreviated Cycles

Tom Treutlein

I've heard over on the HST boards that abbreviated cycles of HST can produce similar results, and can even be better for those who don't have a large strength base so they can have greater incretments to allow for greater size gains.

Week 1: 15's
Week 2: 10's
Week 3: 5's
Week 4: Negatives or 5's (progressing for strength)
Week 5: SD

This would allow for quicker HST cycles, with greater jumps in weight, which is said to be ideal for hypertrophy, as the smaller incretments brings one closer to neuromuscular gains which aren't quite hypertrophic. Something of that sort, anyway.

After my 2nd 6-8 week cycle of HST, I think I'm going to try an abbreviated workout.

So many things to discover with HST. Just little tweaks in it could make it more optimal. Awesome.

dude, didn't you hear? hst doesn't work. you should really go back to a split routine

I'll help you design one, PM me bro

Ah, okay. At first I thought maybe someone hacked your account in an attempt to discredit HST or something.

Anyway, what's your actual opinion on this idea? Shorter cycles and all.

Tom Treutlein said:
Ah, okay. At first I thought maybe someone hacked your account in an attempt to discredit HST or something.

Anyway, what's your actual opinion on this idea? Shorter cycles and all.
I think it would work great for a newbie...or possibly someone on the sauce....instead of doing the 15's do 12's then 10's then 8's then 5's then negs then a few days off and then back at it. I have been reading alot about if you use gear you never do the SD anymore post 8 week cycle because there is no need to decondition yourself because with the geear your strength will increase. Also if I read right it says no 15's although i think i'll just do 3 days of 15';s instead of 6 days next time around since i'll still be on.

Hmmm...

To be honest, I think it would be a waste of growth to some extent. Although that's based only on my anecdotal experience of having good, sustained growth over a whole cycle. Although I was sort of a noob at the time.

For a noob actually I'd want him/her to do as long a cycle as possible because they're so deconditioned they can really stretch it out

But try it! Who knows?

Top Bottom