Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to get a bigger chest?

cman

I need some help in developing my chest. It won't grow and it seems out of proportion with the rest of me. I have 18" arms, 26"thighs, but chest is only 44" . For my routine I do 4 sets of bench press, 4 sets of incline, 2 sets of close grip bench, and 2 sets of incline flyes. I have always done bench movements, should I maybe switch to dumbbell work instead?

DB chest pressing motions (i.e. flat, decline, or incline) are superior to barbell becuase you recruit more stabilizers in balancing the weight and you get a fuller range of motion.

cman I do believe you do not grow.
Do less sets for instance, 12 sets is too much indeed.

3 set of bench press and 3 of inclined will do.
If you are a chest hardgainer you just have to stimulate your chest not to bring it to catabolism.

Try this option for at least 2 month and focus on weight progression on the barbell

Cheers

putting experience and some literature/MRI studies together:

* emphasize upper pecs

1. - 4 sets flat bench press, medium grip, lower barbell to upper chest

2. - 4 sets of incline (15 degrees) bench press, close grip

3. - 4 sets of incline (30 degrees) bench press, close grip

4. - 4 sets flat bench press, wide grip, lower barbell just below nipples

5. - 3 sets incline (22.5 degrees) dumbell press

6. - 3 sets incline (22.5 degrees) flyes

7. finish this pec blaster routine with:
- 3 sets pec deck or:
- 3 sets cable cross or:
- 3 sets db pullover or:
- 3 sets dips to failure

(close grip is shoulderwidth)

:cool:

amount of sets

if i count correct it is 24 sets exactly the amount of sets good ol arnold did.

doing that much sets for every bodypart pretty much eats away your abillity to recover (unless you are a heavy juicer), but to this for a stubborn bodypart usually forces it to respond

the best way to force a hardgainer muscle to grow is not increasing the # of sets but the intensity.
The catabolism is always around the corner, I think that something like a triple sets or better few set (max 6) with pre exaust would fit.

Shocking a muscle is a matter of intensity not of ex. volume.

Top Bottom